Old December 5th 04, 09:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Harrow on the Hill to White City - 2 different fares???

Hi Guys,

Okay, can someone explain this to me?

If I travel from Harrow On The Hill to White City via Chiltern Railways
to Marylebone, Bakerloo to Oxford Circus, Central to White City I get
charged - £1.80

However if I travel from Harrow on the Hill to White City via
Metropolitan Line to Finchley Road, Jubilee to Bond Street, Central to
White City I get charged - £3.40!!

Now this is great an' all but I don't understand why? I'm travelling
through from Zone 5 - 1 and out to 2 both times??
Hope someone can help...

Old December 5th 04, 10:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"mmlabbd" wrote in message
oups.com...

Hi Guys,

Okay, can someone explain this to me?

If I travel from Harrow On The Hill to White City via Chiltern Railways
to Marylebone, Bakerloo to Oxford Circus, Central to White City I get
charged - £1.80

However if I travel from Harrow on the Hill to White City via
Metropolitan Line to Finchley Road, Jubilee to Bond Street, Central to
White City I get charged - £3.40!!

Now this is great an' all but I don't understand why? I'm travelling
through from Zone 5 - 1 and out to 2 both times??
Hope someone can help...

Presumably you used the Chiltern route on a weekend. The fare is £3.40
weekdays and £1.80 at weekends so it is nothing to do with which route you
use.

Peter Smyth

Old December 6th 04, 12:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Peter Smyth wrote:
"mmlabbd" wrote in message
[...]

Ah, cheers Peter. I did use Chiltern at the weekend because of the line
closure on Met/Jubilee. So is the weekend fare on Met Line £1.80
single too? And would it be £3.40 on Chiltern during the week?

Old December 6th 04, 10:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london

I thoguht you worked in Bush house though?
--
Everything above is the personal opinion of the author, and nothing to do
with where he works and all that lovely disclaimery stuff.