London Banter

-   -   Thomas Goes Underground (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/3518-thomas-goes-underground.html)

Robert Woolley October 13th 05 12:27 AM

Thomas Goes Underground

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 22:50:36 +0100, Paul Corfield
wrote:

On 11 Oct 2005 10:46:14 -0700, wrote:

Like "The Tube", more juvenile rubbish.

As said by someone else - it is for kids. If it's done well I think it
will be very popular. Little kids love the Tube - you only have to see
the regular articles in On the Move magazine about special visits being
arranged for them .

I have to say plenty of adults are fascinated by the Tube as I've
organised a couple of "behind the scenes" trips for friends who have
been bowled over by the excellent reception from front line staff as
well as the experience of cab rides or seeing control rooms etc.

LU cries out for a serious flt-on-the-wall series,

Do you really think so? why?

imagine the camera
sitting in on board meeeting during the current Northern Line fiasco,
or post-7/7.

Why would looking on the aftermath of different forms of "disaster" make
good television? Genuine question btw.

More importantly, why would any organisation in its right mind invite
TV crews in to do a documentary in those conditions? Seems downright
mad....

Rob.
--
rob at robertwoolley dot co dot uk

Arthur Figgis October 13th 05 06:01 PM

Thomas Goes Underground

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 01:27:35 +0100, Robert Woolley
wrote:

More importantly, why would any organisation in its right mind invite
TV crews in to do a documentary in those conditions? Seems downright
mad....

"Sorry chaps, can you do the 'we need to evacuate the station _now_!'
bit again, but this time look more towards the camera?"
--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK

[email protected] October 15th 05 11:32 PM

Thomas Goes Underground

Get ready for another tidal wave of overpriced merchandise. Good job I
haven't got kids.

Funny it's being screened early next year.. that means the BBC will
have to wait ages before they hijack ALL their programmes (daytime TV,
kids TV, news programmes and other current affairs type stuff) to say
that the toys are selling fast (throw in staged footage of kids
fighting in a Toys 'R' Us), and every kid must get one for Christmas so
if you don't go out now, you're a bad parent - thus creating demand
from nothing!

Mind you, under the circumstances, I think this might /really/ prove
popular!

Jonathan