Old November 13th 05, 12:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default About West London Tram

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 11:50:44 +0000 (UTC), "Brimstone"
wrote:

David Bradley wrote:
On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 10:09:18 -0000, wrote:

Nothing like not wanting to hear the truth is there?

The follow on question that always comes to mind when someone raises that
particular issue is, "Is the speaker/writer portraying the truth, the whole
truth and nothing but the truth" or merely the portion of it that suits
their agenda?

Tell me, is this newsgroup about issues relating to transport in London or is
it a maser class in English? My comment relates to a difference of opinion on
what are the best options for the congestion problems along the Uxbridge Road
corridor. I go to considerable lengths to explain why I believe that in this
particular case [only] a tramway solution does not, and can not, meet that
objective.

It seems to me that we have a number of local government officials who wish to
leave behind a legacy prestige project of their term in office, that the vast
number of people living in the area simply don't want and worse still for some
it will be the loss of their livelihood, home and or business. At the same
time there continues to be a need for public transport provision in the area
which needs to sensibly co-exist with other demands on the limited amount of
road space available.

The current provision of public transport facilities locally hardly encourages
a modal change for those where it would be practical to do so. With no tramway
built, but perhaps a new generation of buses being introduced to meet emission
directives, then there isn't going to be any kind of step change which the
population is crying out for. Now you can continue to wax lyrically about
others that have sensibly suggestions to make, that in a small way works
towards improving things generally or you can present your own case of what
should be done.

You may not like what I have to say but any agenda I might have regarding
trolleybus *systems* does have a proven track record of making things better.
Where is the lie in that?

David Bradley

David Bradley