Old July 19th 03, 10:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default ASLEF General Secretary deposed!

"Pre-38" wrote in message
Shaun Brady once punched Bob Crow, for which action he is going to go to
heaven.
David Boothroyd

Union good guy: Anyone who realises they're in a public service industry
and should be serving the public, not disrupting them.
James Farrar

Now if only the RMT members would see sense!
Roger ]

I detect yet more TDriver bashing going on . I recall similar threads

before
on here. What IS the matter with you people. Against some organisation
standing up for their members well being are we? Of course its very
unfortunate that YOU happen to be the travelling public and therefore

suffer
on strike days and of course when YOU look at your own personal salary

start
moaning that the the Drivers get too much pay and all that usual bleating
like the chimes of Big Ben. OK so we ditch Union representation altogether
shall we and rely totally on the kindness of human resources Company
management to look after our well being while we work for them and they
award, themselves and only themselres, bigger pay rises into the bargain,
which you know they will do. Shall we then see how the pay and conditions
deteriorate shall we. Is that acceptable to you lot then. Will you be

happy
then? Well I tell you it is simply not going to happen without a fight.

DaveR

DA mode
I reckon all unions should be done away with in all public services and that
"management" should be allowed to impose whatever pay and conditions they
like upon the rest of the workforce.
/DA mode

What would then happen eventually is that most of the decent people would
say "sod this" and vote with their feet and they would have difficulty
recruiting.

The management of the day would then be criticised for failing to provide a
decent service and would "seek new opportunities" to be replaced by sensible
people who realise that if you want to provide a decent service you have to
have decent people and they have to be treated decently.

Fanciful? A touch probably, but the principle is sound and has happened in
the past

Of course, notice could be taken of all the jealeous .prats who complain
that train drivers and others get paid too much so that pay gets cut. The
people affected leave, and no service.

Then listen to the same people bleat 'cause they can't get to their highly
paid city jobs.

Old July 19th 03, 11:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

That sounds like a good idea, I'm with you on that and thanks for the
support .cheers
DaveR

Old July 20th 03, 08:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CJG CJG is offline

In message , Pre-38
writes
Well I tell you it is simply not going to happen without a fight.

Its okay for train drivers. They don't have to try and get to work when
there is a train strike on. If they did they would soon change their
tune. Ask someone who lost everything they own in a fire during a fire
strike if they support fire strikes?
People who work in essential services such as transport, police, fire,
hospitals should not be allowed to go on strike.

--
CJG
Old July 20th 03, 08:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CJG CJG is offline

In message , Cast_Iron
writes
What would then happen eventually is that most of the decent people
would say "sod this" and vote with their feet and they would have
difficulty recruiting.

The management of the day would then be criticised for failing to
provide a decent service and would "seek new opportunities" to be
replaced by sensible people who realise that if you want to provide a
decent service you have to have decent people and they have to be
treated decently.

So what your saying is that unions are not necessary?
You should just let market forces push the price up and down until you
get to a point where people are willing to work for the company at that
price. Therefore your not paying them too much. But enough to get people
to do the job.
--
CJG

Old July 21st 03, 09:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london

CJG wrote:
In message ,
Pre-38 writes
Well I tell you it is simply not going to happen without a
fight.

Its okay for train drivers. They don't have to try and get
to work when there is a train strike on. If they did they
would soon change their tune. Ask someone who lost
everything they own in a fire during a fire strike if they
support fire strikes?
People who work in essential services such as transport,
police, fire, hospitals should not be allowed to go on
strike.

That's ok as long as they are given decent pay and conditions and are
treated decently. Since the likelihood of that happening is about the same
as a snowball surviving in hell, forget it.

Old July 21st 03, 05:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CJG CJG is offline

In message , Cast_Iron
writes
That's ok as long as they are given decent pay and conditions and are
treated decently.

So how exactly are train drivers treated badly and pay badly compared to
the rest of the world?
Just because you think your underpaid and badly treated doesn't mean
NECESSARY that you are.
--
CJG
Old July 21st 03, 10:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"CJG" wrote in message
In message , Cast_Iron
writes
That's ok as long as they are given decent pay and conditions and are
treated decently.

So how exactly are train drivers treated badly and pay badly compared to
the rest of the world?
Just because you think your underpaid and badly treated doesn't mean
NECESSARY that you are.
--
CJG

I'm not a train driver.

Old July 22nd 03, 06:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london
CJG CJG is offline

In message , Cast_Iron
writes
I'm not a train driver.

So how do you know they don't go home and have a bath in gold and jewels
and have beautiful virgins massage their feet while they drive the
train?
--
CJG
Old July 22nd 03, 10:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london

CJG wrote:
In message , Cast_Iron
writes
I'm not a train driver.

So how do you know they don't go home and have a bath in
gold and jewels and have beautiful virgins massage their
feet while they drive the train?

I don't, but if they do good for them although if the last point were true
I'm sure we on this group would have had some inkling by now. But then we'd
also have had the "drag 'em down" people complaining about that.

Supplementary point; if your last is true I trust that the said virgins are
members of the approporiate trades union, i.e. the AVFM or Association of
Virginal Foot Massagers.