Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 26th 05, 06:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default 'One under'

As a tube commuter I often have cause to grumble about it, and sometimes
people who work on it, especially when there's a strike (sorry, I'm only
human!).

But this evening I was on the southbound Jubilee line platform at Green Park
when someone a few metres to my right launched themselves in front of the
incoming train. Luckily I wasn't looking that way and I only got to hear it
rather than see it.

I just wanted to say that the driver coped with it very well; he stopped the
train extremely quickly and after a slight pause when he'd presumably
radioed it through came out of his cab calmly to help with moving people off
the platform. Unfortunately there weren't any station staff down there at
the time and there was a slight delay while staff came down to our level,
but they were all fast and efficient while still maintaining courtesy to the
people who were annoyed they were being cleared out (it was very busy and
many people were arriving who didn't know anything had happened).

Just wanted to say well done to the staff who have to deal with this on an
all too regular basis - on leaving I wished I'd asked the driver if he was
OK on behalf of the passengers but I think I was still slightly in shock
myself.

Tony

One under alex_t London Transport 12 October 17th 07 09:35 AM
Another one under Phil Clark London Transport 9 November 28th 05 06:19 PM
Another one under Spyke London Transport 1 November 27th 05 06:21 PM
Strange crash: Archway Road under the bridge dave F London Transport 0 February 21st 05 08:19 PM
the book...London under London ronnie biggs London Transport 4 August 1st 03 08:00 AM