Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 27th 05, 05:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.local.london

Default NIP: Tower Bridge question

I read some previous threads on the speed cams at Tower Bridge, but they
didn't quite answer a query I have, I wondered if any of the experts on
these groups might no. I received a NIP (notice of intended prosecution)
not long ago for doing 32mph and it defines the speed limit there as 20. I
did to be fair see these signs, but always understood that 30 was the legal
minimum speed limit in the UK, and that therefore signs indicating 20 were
advisory. Is this still true? Does anyone think I can challenge the NIP or
the automatic penalty offer of a delightful 3 points that will inevitably
follow on this type of ground? Anyone know of cases where people have
challenged the Tower Bridge cameras?

thanks
James

Careful driver of Vectra SRI 2.2 (really!)