Old December 4th 05, 08:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default NIP: Tower Bridge question

James Farrar ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

AFAIK it's a straighforward 17t weight limit

So Bendis can't use Tower Bridge?

How much does a bendi weigh?

About 17t - empty.
ULW is written on the side of all buses.

RMs are about 8t, modern double-deckers about 12t.

Bendies are about 16.5 tonnes so would just get in within the limit as
long as they were nearly empty. I reckon half a tonne of people is about
6 or 7.

Isn't it unladen weights that determine weight limits?

No. Normally weight restrictions are based on MAM - Maximum Authorised
Mass.

Old December 4th 05, 10:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article . 170,
(Adrian) wrote:

Isn't it unladen weights that determine weight limits?

No. Normally weight restrictions are based on MAM - Maximum
Authorised Mass.

Which is what for a bendy?

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old December 5th 05, 05:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Colin Rosenstiel ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

Isn't it unladen weights that determine weight limits?

No. Normally weight restrictions are based on MAM - Maximum
Authorised Mass.

Which is what for a bendy?

Merc reckon the "Statutory maximum gross weight" is 28 tons...

http://www2.mercedes-
benz.co.uk/content/unitedkingdom/mpc/mpc_unitedkingdom_website/en/home_mpc/
buses/home/products/new_buses/citaro/citaro_g_18m/technical_data.html

http://tinyurl.com/cvpc5
Old December 5th 05, 09:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Colin Rosenstiel:
Bendies are about 16.5 tonnes so would just get in within the limit as
long as they were nearly empty. I reckon half a tonne of people is about
6 or 7.

James Farrar:
Isn't it unladen weights that determine weight limits?

African or European?
--
Mark Brader "I can say nothing at this point."
Toronto "Well, you were wrong."

Old December 6th 05, 06:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Mark Brader wrote in uk.transport.london on Mon, 05 Dec 2005 22:50:19
-0000 :

Colin Rosenstiel:
Bendies are about 16.5 tonnes so would just get in within the limit as
long as they were nearly empty. I reckon half a tonne of people is about
6 or 7.

James Farrar:
Isn't it unladen weights that determine weight limits?

African or European?

Are you trying to tell me bendybuses migrate?

--
hike
- a walking tour or outing, esp. of the self-conscious kind
Old December 6th 05, 07:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Colin Rosenstiel:
Bendies are about 16.5 tonnes so would just get in within the limit as
long as they were nearly empty. I reckon half a tonne of people is about
6 or 7.

James Farrar:
Isn't it unladen weights that determine weight limits?

Mark Brader:
African or European?

Dave Hillam:
Are you trying to tell me bendybuses migrate?

I don't know that!
--
Mark Brader, Toronto |"--", Paul said, and then repeated it for emphasis.
Old December 6th 05, 08:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
Mark Brader wrote:
Colin Rosenstiel:
Bendies are about 16.5 tonnes so would just get in within the limit as
long as they were nearly empty. I reckon half a tonne of people is about
6 or 7.

James Farrar:
Isn't it unladen weights that determine weight limits?

Mark Brader:
African or European?

Dave Hillam:
Are you trying to tell me bendybuses migrate?

I don't know that!

You gotta go Owwwwww...

Nick
--