Old December 31st 05, 02:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Ballot

Over 50% of ballot papers returned not a third. The strike will succeed and
the RMT will be proved right

Old December 31st 05, 03:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Dom1234
writes

Over 50% of ballot papers returned not a third. The strike will succeed and
the RMT will be proved right

When is it expected to start?

There's "minor delays" on three lines, but all others have been
reporting "good service" all afternoon.

About 20 station closures, but very few in central London. Does it not
really get going until later?

--
Paul Terry
Old December 31st 05, 03:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 15:19:44 -0000, "Dom1234"
wrote:

Over 50% of ballot papers returned not a third.

The RMT is claiming 4,000 members working for LU; according to its own
press release [1] 1,327 voted for strike action, with 241 against,
while 1,435 voted for action short of strike, with 129 against.
That's 1,568 and 1,564 respectively. Leaving aside the discrepancy
between the two totals, if - as you claim - more than half of the
ballot papers were returned, then where are the other at least 430-odd
votes? If they were absentions, why were they not acknowledged in the
press release? Whichever way you cut it, if the RMT had 4,000 members
and only 1,327 voted to strike, then that's a third of the membership.

The strike will succeed and the RMT will be proved right

Succeed in what? ****ing off the public, perhaps, but probably not
even that, considering the Underground is running today, with
currently only minor delays on the Northern. The RMT killjoys have
suceeded in closing 22 out of 275 stations - i.e. 8% of them.

[1] http://www.rmt.org.uk/C2B/PressOffic...ID=1807&Type=2
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War, and in Films & TV:
http://www.nickcooper.org.uk/
Old January 1st 06, 09:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Dom1234 wrote:
Over 50% of ballot papers returned not a third. The strike will succeed and
the RMT will be proved right

Proved right about what? That if you ballot a bunch of witless sheep to
have a day
off on new years eve they'll vote yes? Wow, tough call! In the meantime
Bob Crowe
****s off on holiday to Egypt leaving london to deal with the chaos.
Nice.

The RMT and its members are scum and the sooner this union follows the
same fate
as the NUM the better IMO.

B2003

Old January 1st 06, 11:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Boltar wrote:

The RMT and its members are scum and the sooner this union follows the
same fate
as the NUM the better IMO.

B2003

So despite not being part of this dispute, having voted against a
strike for the last dispute I was connected with and having never been
involved in RMT industrial action in the time I've been in the union
(no strike deal applied to my grade at the time) I'm scum and my union
should be eradicated?

And a happpy new year to you too.