London Banter

-   -   Another "Crapita" CC screw up (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/374-another-crapita-cc-screw-up.html)

Acrosticus July 21st 03 01:05 PM

Another "Crapita" CC screw up

According to today's "Guardian":

http://www.guardian.co.uk/guardianpo...002177,00.html

"In a serious breakdown in enforcement of the £5-a-day charging scheme, Capita
has admitted it failed to process nearly 1,600 cheques from drivers who had
paid penalty charges after being caught on camera inside the zone.
Half of the drivers received letters demanding sums of up to £120 for late
payment. They were told that unless they paid, they risked action from bailiffs
and court proceedings. The threats prompted 450 people to pay again - money
which Capita has been forced to refund."

Over 25% of those asked to pay the fine again did! I can't believe it. But if
details of this hadn't been uncovered, I wonder what "Crapita" would have done
with the extra money?

CJG July 21st 03 05:47 PM

Another "Crapita" CC screw up

In message , Acrosticus
writes
I wonder what "Crapita" would have done with the extra money?

Capita is probably charging a management fee. It collects the money on
behalf of Transport For London. So they don't get any of the money full
stop. They just charge their management fee. So you should be asking
what Ken is doing with the extra money. And that's probably paying for
all these new buses he keeps buying.
--
CJG

Acrosticus July 21st 03 08:37 PM

Another "Crapita" CC screw up

From: CJG ks
Date: 21/07/2003 18:47 GMT Daylight Time

Capita is probably charging a management fee. It collects the money on
behalf of Transport For London. So they don't get any of the money full
stop. They just charge their management fee. So you should be asking
what Ken is doing with the extra money. And that's probably paying for
all these new buses he keeps buying.
--
CJG

Er, no! If you'd read the hyperlink to the Guardian's article, which you
obviously haven't, you'd have found that Ken told them to pay it back. So
we're back to the question of what "Crapita" were going to do withthe money.
And I suspect that would have been "bank it and keep schtumm" knowing those
cowboys.