Old January 15th 06, 06:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default New WLL stations

The NR London Connections map, shows the intended future station positions
at Shepherds Bush & Imperial Wharf.

Opening dates have slipped from summer 2005, early 2006, to early 2007 with
successive issues of the map. Is there any activity on the ground at either
of these sites, or is some sort of dispute delaying the start?

Paul

Old January 15th 06, 07:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Scott wrote:
The NR London Connections map, shows the intended future station positions
at Shepherds Bush & Imperial Wharf.

Opening dates have slipped from summer 2005, early 2006, to early 2007 with
successive issues of the map. Is there any activity on the ground at either
of these sites, or is some sort of dispute delaying the start?

There was a dispute over some land transfer between London Underground
and Network Rail for the station at Shepherd's Bush. However, that was
resolved a couple of months ago, and now there is indeed activity on the
ground - I'm not sure precisely what they're doing, but they're
definitely doing something! There are some line closures on the WLL
booked for a few weekends soon, which I believe are related to the
station construction.

As for Imperial Wharf, I think significant problems with the development
itself are hampering the start of work on the station. I haven't been
that way for a few months but no work had started when I last passed by.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7
Old January 15th 06, 07:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message

snipped

As for Imperial Wharf, I think significant problems with the development
itself are hampering the start of work on the station. I haven't been that
way for a few months but no work had started when I last passed by.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

Cheers Dave,

If the site is (as I understand it) immediately north of Battersea rail
bridge, there was no sign of any activity to the west last weekend. I
couldn't see to the east of the line for what seemed like most of a Chelsea
home crowd wedged in the 4 car 377.

Paul

Old January 15th 06, 07:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Scott" wrote in message
snippity

I couldn't see to the east of the line for what seemed like most of a

Chelsea
home crowd wedged in the 4 car 377.

What, both of them..? ;-)
--
Cheers, Steve.
Change from jealous to sad to reply.

Old January 15th 06, 08:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Steve Dulieu wrote:
"Paul Scott" wrote in message
snippity

I couldn't see to the east of the line for what seemed like most of a

Chelsea
home crowd wedged in the 4 car 377.

What, both of them..? ;-)
--
Cheers, Steve.
Change from jealous to sad to reply.

Will the new stations be able to accomadate 8 car trains? if so, would
it be only West Brompton that would need the platforms extending to
take longer trains for the football/exhibitions etc?

Burkey

Old January 15th 06, 10:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

burkey wrote:

Will the new stations be able to accomadate 8 car trains? if so, would
it be only West Brompton that would need the platforms extending to
take longer trains for the football/exhibitions etc?

One would hope that they would be forward thinking enough to build the new
stations with the capacity to hold an 8-car train as one of the proposals
recently put forward as part of the Route Utilisation Strategy for the
Brighton main line is to cut back the Watford to Brighton service (to
Gatwick Airport) and increase train lengths to 8 vehicles.

Old January 16th 06, 12:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

burkey wrote:
Steve Dulieu wrote:
"Paul Scott" wrote in message
snippity

I couldn't see to the east of the line for what seemed like most of a

Chelsea
home crowd wedged in the 4 car 377.

What, both of them..? ;-)
--
Cheers, Steve.
Change from jealous to sad to reply.

Will the new stations be able to accomadate 8 car trains? if so, would
it be only West Brompton that would need the platforms extending to
take longer trains for the football/exhibitions etc?

Shepherd's Bush is being built with 4-car platforms initially; for 8-car
platforms, they need to move some signals, which apparently has knock-on
effects along the whole line so they want to wait until resignalling is
due (in about 4 years). Then the platforms could be extended for 8 cars.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7
Old January 16th 06, 05:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 01:16:12 +0000, Dave Arquati
wrote:

Shepherd's Bush is being built with 4-car platforms initially; for 8-car
platforms, they need to move some signals, which apparently has knock-on
effects along the whole line so they want to wait until resignalling is
due (in about 4 years). Then the platforms could be extended for 8 cars.

Is there a plan om the web showing where Shepherds Bush station will
be? My impression is that there is no room for any platforms, let
alone 8 car ones, at the obvious location.
--
Peter Lawrence
Old January 16th 06, 06:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Shepherd's Bush is being built with 4-car platforms initially; for 8-car
platforms, they need to move some signals, which apparently has knock-on
effects along the whole line so they want to wait until resignalling is
due (in about 4 years). Then the platforms could be extended for 8 cars.

Is there a plan om the web showing where Shepherds Bush station will
be? My impression is that there is no room for any platforms, let
alone 8 car ones, at the obvious location.

Nothing particularly good; the only thing I can find is this, and I
think it's quite old:
http://www.subbrit.org.uk/sb-sites/s...e_road_new.gif

I think that where it says "Southern M41 footbridge" it means the subway
instead.

The subway needs to be filled in (and will be replaced by a surface
pedestrian crossing, as on the eastern and southern arms of the
roundabout) and the access ramp removed to make way for the southbound
platform, which I believe extends from there northwards. The northbound
platform will be in a similar position, and there is less constraint on
land there - the embankment can be moved back fairly easily as it
adjoins the shopping centre construction site.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7
Old January 17th 06, 05:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 19:07:26 +0000, Dave Arquati
wrote:

Peter Lawrence wrote:

[...]

Thanks Dave. My impression of that location (from passing trains) was
that no way would there be enough space there for a southbound
platform unless the roadway was narrowed. We shall see sometime.
--
Peter Lawrence