Old August 19th 06, 09:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Shepherd's Bush WLL update

For those who are interested, work continues apace at Shepherd's Bush
for the West London Line station, with the platforms mostly in place and
the footbridge now in position and being kitted out. I've put three
snaps from my phone online to compare May, June and August -
unfortunately they're very low quality but here they a
http://www.flickr.com/photos/davearq...7594243368848/

I still think that it could be finished for the December timetable
change (ever the optimist).

However, work has not yet visibly started at the other passenger-facing
transport sites in the area (Shepherd's Bush Central, Shepherd's Bush
bus station, White City bus station and White City Hammersmith & City
station), although something might have happened on the White City side
in the last

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

Old August 20th 06, 09:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 Dave Arquati wrote:

For those who are interested, work continues apace at Shepherd's Bush
for the West London Line station, with the platforms mostly in place and
the footbridge now in position and being kitted out. I've put three
snaps from my phone online to compare May, June and August -
unfortunately they're very low quality but here they a
http://www.flickr.com/photos/davearq...7594243368848/

I still think that it could be finished for the December timetable
change (ever the optimist).

However, work has not yet visibly started at the other passenger-facing
transport sites in the area (Shepherd's Bush Central, Shepherd's Bush
bus station, White City bus station and White City Hammersmith & City
station), although something might have happened on the White City side
in the last

Now that, fresh from their triumph at Wembley, Multiplex are withdrawing
from White City and handing over to another Australian firm, I expect
there will be further delays.
--
Thoss
Old August 20th 06, 12:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 22:56:56 +0100, Dave Arquati
wrote:

For those who are interested, work continues apace at Shepherd's Bush
for the West London Line station, with the platforms mostly in place and
the footbridge now in position and being kitted out. I've put three
snaps from my phone online to compare May, June and August -
unfortunately they're very low quality but here they a
http://www.flickr.com/photos/davearq...7594243368848/

I still think that it could be finished for the December timetable
change (ever the optimist).

When are they planning to open it? I would have thought it would be
close to when the new Shepherd's Bush tube station opens, but as you
say work doesn't seem to have started on that yet. Why are they
rushing ahead with the rail station so much?

Old August 20th 06, 12:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 10:09:45 +0100, thoss
wrote:

Now that, fresh from their triumph at Wembley, Multiplex are withdrawing
from White City and handing over to another Australian firm, I expect
there will be further delays.

I think they're just handing the project management back to Westfield,
who will be the shopping centre's owners/operators when it is
completed.

Press release he
http://www.multiplex.com.au/page.asp?partid=294&ID=279
.... it does sound a little as though they've been sacked!

This project changes hands as often as I change my socks.
Old August 20th 06, 01:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Now that, fresh from their triumph at Wembley, Multiplex are withdrawing
from White City and handing over to another Australian firm, I expect
there will be further delays.

I think they're just handing the project management back to Westfield,
who will be the shopping centre's owners/operators when it is
completed.

Press release he
http://www.multiplex.com.au/page.asp?partid=294&ID=279
... it does sound a little as though they've been sacked!

This project changes hands as often as I change my socks.

It has done for nearly twenty years. Started with Balfour Beatty who in
1988 took over the major part of the site from its parent company BICC
after they closed their research labs there.
--
Thoss

Old August 20th 06, 01:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

For those who are interested, work continues apace at Shepherd's Bush
for the West London Line station, with the platforms mostly in place and
the footbridge now in position and being kitted out. I've put three
snaps from my phone online to compare May, June and August -
unfortunately they're very low quality but here they a
http://www.flickr.com/photos/davearq...7594243368848/

I still think that it could be finished for the December timetable
change (ever the optimist).

When are they planning to open it? I would have thought it would be
close to when the new Shepherd's Bush tube station opens, but as you
say work doesn't seem to have started on that yet. Why are they
rushing ahead with the rail station so much?

Obviously the planned opening date has been pushed back a number of
times, but the most recent one that I heard from the project managers
was "autumn 2006" - but that was said back at the end of last year.

I imagine that it'll be opened ahead of any other transport project in
the area; there's no need to wait until the shopping centre opens as
it'll be useful anyway.

I'm not sure if it depends upon the completion of either the southern
bus station or Shepherd's Bush Tube station. Temporary access
arrangements might have to be in place whilst the bus station gets built.

The construction of the bus station itself shouldn't be very difficult
as I don't think it's a very complicated affair like Hammersmith or
Vauxhall; it's just a high glass roof with some bus stops underneath it,
and the space doesn't need clearing because it's already being used as a
bus layover space for all routes terminating at the Central line station
from the east (207, 607, 272, 237, 95, 260). The complicated part will
be putting in the new access junction which will allow departures to the
west and arrivals from the east (unlike now, where westbound departures
must travel around the roundabout and buses from the east would have to
travel round the whole Green to reach it).

There's a frustrating lack of information either online or for local
residents about what is taking place and when. In fact, the first that a
lot of people have probably heard about the new transport interchange
was a few days ago when Westfield put up new hoardings next to the Tube
station displaying a list of the improvements and an artist's impression
(from a distance!).

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7
Old August 20th 06, 11:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Or the fact that the Hammersmith and City Line was closed between
Hammersmith - Edgware Road and Whitechapel - Barking the other weekend
for White City related engineering work.... and nothing was done - AT
ALL.