Old January 15th 06, 09:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Bus in Building

Does anyone know why there's a bus half way into a building in Lewisham
at the moment?

I can't see any news about this anywhere, but I think it must have been
involved in a major police chase.

It's rather disturbing, and some news always helps, somehow.

Old January 15th 06, 11:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Martin Underwood wrote:
wrote in
:

Richard J. wrote:
wrote:
Does anyone know why there's a bus half way into a building in
Lewisham at the moment?

I can't see any news about this anywhere, but I think it must have
been involved in a major police chase.

Why do you think that?

Not keen on wild speculation, but a car embedded in a wall some
distance down the road, for no obvious reason, all at the same time,
suggests that maybe the car ended up in the wall after having
previously caused the bus to end up as it is.

But I was hoping for more news that would help avoid that kind of
guess.

Ah - *now* you mention the car being embedded in another wall. That changes
everything. A bus, on its own, ending up in a wall suggests that it may have
swerved to avoid something - maybe even a stray pedestrian. But if there's
also a car in the same predicament nearby, that suggests that the two events
are linked. What you surmise may well be correct. Whatever happened, it must
have been bloody frightening for the bus driver/passengers and other drivers
or pedestrians round about who saw it happen.

Absolutely. A bit stomach-churning to see even the aftermath. I
wasn't being tricky, but I just wanted to know if there was any proper
news before wading in with my uninformed, circumstantial version of the
story. Which I've now done of course.

Old January 16th 06, 11:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 15 Jan 2006 16:16:08 -0800, wrote:

Absolutely. A bit stomach-churning to see even the aftermath.

I'm feeling a bit queasy even reading about it! I think it's
disgusting that I haven't been offered compensation, or at least free
counseling.
Old January 16th 06, 07:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Mizter T wrote:
wrote:
Does anyone know why there's a bus half way into a building in Lewisham
at the moment?

I can't see any news about this anywhere, but I think it must have been
involved in a major police chase.

It's rather disturbing, and some news always helps, somehow.

Local news isn't very snappy at the weekend, but I'd imagine news
sources will cover this tomorrow (i.e. monday) or maybe even tuesday.

icSouthLondon, the web offshoot of the South London Press, covers
stories such as this:
http://icsouthlondon.icnetwork.co.uk/

And BBC London News online might carry a report as well:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/news/index.shtml

I'm sure all will become clear.

Is this it?

Car and bus crash kills teenager

An 18-year-old died and three others were seriously hurt when their car
and a bus crashed on a railway bridge.

The bus then mounted the pavement in Anerley Road, Upper Norwood,
south-east London, hit a wall and knocked debris onto the train line on
Friday night.

A train was forced to stop but it was not carrying any passengers and
did not hit the debris. The bus driver and one bus passenger were not
hurt.

The three car passengers, two aged 16, are being treated at Lewisham
Hospital.

Anerley Road is still closed.

Formal identification

Officers were called to the crash at the junction with Hamlet Road at
about 2045 GMT.

Police said the bus was travelling south along Anerley Road and had
just pulled out from a bus stop.

The black VW Golf in which the four youths were travelling was going
north along the road.

The teenager who died is believed to be from south London, but is yet
to be formally identified.

Police are appealing for witnesses.

Old January 22nd 06, 11:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Mizter T wrote:
wrote:
Does anyone know why there's a bus half way into a building in Lewisham
at the moment?

I can't see any news about this anywhere, but I think it must have been
involved in a major police chase.

It's rather disturbing, and some news always helps, somehow.

Local news isn't very snappy at the weekend, but I'd imagine news
sources will cover this tomorrow (i.e. monday) or maybe even tuesday.

icSouthLondon, the web offshoot of the South London Press, covers
stories such as this:
http://icsouthlondon.icnetwork.co.uk/

And BBC London News online might carry a report as well:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/news/index.shtml

I'm sure all will become clear.

Is this it?

No, that one's miles away. Lewis Grove was right. But I haven't seen
a single word of news anywhere, at least twenty four hours later.

Finally found a small, inaccurate report at
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/le...s_in_brief.php.

"BUS CRASH: Four people, including the driver, suffered minor injuries
after a bus ploughed into a shop front, in Lewis Grove, Lewisham. Three
fire crews were called to deal with the crash, which happened just
after 1am, on Monday."

Makes it appear that the driver just spontaneously drove into the shop.
No mention of the crashed car up the road or the damaged shop on the
other side of the road.

Also, unless I had a rather vivid premonition when I posted the first
message at 10.00 pm on Sunday, it can't very well have happened when
they said. Strange that there would be a cover-up over something so
public.

Old January 22nd 06, 04:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article .com,
MIG wrote:
Strange that there would be a cover-up over something so
public.

But not particularly strange that they would cock up a report
on something so trivial.

--
RIP Morph (1977-2005)