Old January 30th 06, 04:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default LU station abbreviation codes

Does anyone know where I can get a list of the three-letter station
codes that LU uses to refer to stations? I don't know what the system
is called but I know each station has a code.

All help gratefully accepted.

Matt

Old January 30th 06, 05:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Offically IIRC only the Central line and W&C has fixed codes and the system
is:
the first three letters of a single word,
the first two of the first word and the first of the second for two word
station name
the first letter of each for three word the only one being TCR.
The exceptions are Redbridge which should be RED which whould be confusing
so they consider it two word so it's REB and Leytonstone LES the same rule
is applied so so not be confused with Leyton (LEY).
I think Bank is labled twice BAN for Central line and BNK for W&C its so the
ATO software which was never put in would not get confused.
Andy

ps.com...

Old January 30th 06, 08:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Andy wrote:

Offically IIRC only the Central line and W&C has
fixed codes

Thanks for the information. I was told by a Station
Assistant at Hounslow West the other day that that
station has the code HNW. Does anyone know of
any codes for lines of than the Central and W&C?

Matt

Old January 30th 06, 08:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message .com, Matt
Ashby writes
Andy wrote:

Offically IIRC only the Central line and W&C has
fixed codes

Thanks for the information. I was told by a Station
Assistant at Hounslow West the other day that that
station has the code HNW. Does anyone know of
any codes for lines of than the Central and W&C?

We use the following codes on the Piccadilly (Arnos), although am aware
that Acton use some different ones and I've no idea if these are
definitive:

CFS - Cockfosters
OAK - Oakwood
AGR - Arnos Grove
WGN - Wood Green
GPK - Green Park
HPC - Hyde Park Corner
ACT - Acton Town
NFD - Northfields
HRC - Heathrow 123 (ex-Heathrow Central!) (Acton just call it 123)
SHR - South Harrow
RLN - Rayners Lane
RUI - Ruislip
UXB - Uxbridge

I've also seen HAM being used for Hammersmith but it's not one of our
booked reverses.

I'm sure somebody (Steve D?) might have a more comprehensive list tucked
away.
Old January 30th 06, 08:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Andy wrote:
Offically IIRC only the Central line and W&C has fixed codes and
the system is:
the first three letters of a single word,
the first two of the first word and the first of the second for two
word station name
the first letter of each for three word the only one being TCR.
The exceptions are Redbridge which should be RED which whould be
confusing so they consider it two word so it's REB

What other station on LU could RED be confused with?
--
Richard J.

Old January 30th 06, 08:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 30 Jan 2006 09:56:37 -0800, Matt Ashby wrote:
Does anyone know where I can get a list of the three-letter station
codes that LU uses to refer to stations? I don't know what the system
is called but I know each station has a code.

The ETA pages at http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/travelinfo/eta/ have
the station code for the lines they cover in the URLs.

David
Old January 30th 06, 09:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Richard J." wrote in message
k...
Andy wrote:
Offically IIRC only the Central line and W&C has fixed codes and
the system is:
the first three letters of a single word,
the first two of the first word and the first of the second for two
word station name
the first letter of each for three word the only one being TCR.
The exceptions are Redbridge which should be RED which whould be
confusing so they consider it two word so it's REB

What other station on LU could RED be confused with?
--
Richard J.

"I'm at a green signal at Red" it could get quite confusing over a radio so
it not used for that reason.

Old January 30th 06, 11:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 18:43:36 -0000, "Andy"
wrote:

The exceptions are Redbridge which should be RED which whould be confusing
so they consider it two word so it's REB and Leytonstone LES the same rule
is applied so so not be confused with Leyton (LEY).

Or with many of the female staff. Or so one hears :-)
Old January 31st 06, 12:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 22:51:43 -0000, "Andy"
wrote:

"Richard J." wrote in message
. uk...
Andy wrote:
Offically IIRC only the Central line and W&C has fixed codes and
the system is:
the first three letters of a single word,
the first two of the first word and the first of the second for two
word station name
the first letter of each for three word the only one being TCR.
The exceptions are Redbridge which should be RED which whould be
confusing so they consider it two word so it's REB

What other station on LU could RED be confused with?
--
Richard J.

"I'm at a green signal at Red" it could get quite confusing over a radio so
it not used for that reason.

I seem to remember seeing reference to Redbridge as Red Bridge.
Memory's a little fuzzy though.

--
James Farrar
. @gmail.com
Old January 31st 06, 11:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 01:21:29 +0000, James Farrar
wrote:

I seem to remember seeing reference to Redbridge as Red Bridge.
Memory's a little fuzzy though.

Well, the name derives, obviously enough, from a red bridge over the
River Roding.