Old February 8th 06, 09:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Uxbridge black taxis

Does anyone know if the rank at Uxbridge has taxis on it, at most times of
the week... or at any times of the week? TIA.

Old February 8th 06, 10:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"John Rowland" typed

Does anyone know if the rank at Uxbridge has taxis on it, at most times of
the week... or at any times of the week? TIA.

I have seen them there, though never when I've wanted one.

Not deen any at Willesden Green though...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old February 10th 06, 09:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 8 Feb 2006 11:23:57 GMT, Helen Deborah Vecht
wrote in :
"John Rowland" typed

Does anyone know if the rank at Uxbridge has taxis on it, at most times of
the week... or at any times of the week? TIA.

I have seen them there, though never when I've wanted one.

At the bus/tube station? Very rarely. Luckily I'm served by the
Us 1, 3 & 5 from there, unless I get back from Town too close to midnight.
If you walk directly out of the station's front entrance, across the ped
area and High Street, you come to Windsor Street. Down there, past the
Queens Head pub, opposite the Metropolitan and close to a third pub whose
name escapes me, there's a minicab business based in a courtyard off the
right (i.e. west) side of the street[1]. ISTR they have a folding sign
set on the footpath. I've never used them, caveat emptor.

[1] Roughly at OS grid 505250,184250 according to streetmap.co.uk

--
Ivan Reid, Electronic & Computer Engineering, ___ CMS Collaboration,
Brunel University. ] Room 40-1-B12, CERN
Old February 10th 06, 10:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Dr Ivan D. Reid" typed

On Wed, 8 Feb 2006 11:23:57 GMT, Helen Deborah Vecht

wrote in :
"John Rowland" typed

Does anyone know if the rank at Uxbridge has taxis on it, at most
times of
the week... or at any times of the week? TIA.

I have seen them there, though never when I've wanted one.

At the bus/tube station? Very rarely. Luckily I'm served by the
Us 1, 3 & 5 from there, unless I get back from Town too close to midnight.
If you walk directly out of the station's front entrance, across the ped
area and High Street, you come to Windsor Street. Down there, past the
Queens Head pub, opposite the Metropolitan and close to a third pub whose
name escapes me, there's a minicab business based in a courtyard off the
right (i.e. west) side of the street[1]. ISTR they have a folding sign
set on the footpath. I've never used them, caveat emptor.

[1] Roughly at OS grid 505250,184250 according to streetmap.co.uk

There's another one on the High Street, whose number is stored in my
phobile (purpose of phobiles is to store cab numbers so you don't have
to walk anywhere. I was recently charged over the odds, so I'm rather
wary though.)

Someone gave me a lift back from last week's Uxbridge Choral concert...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.