Old February 15th 06, 11:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default ASLEF

I'm not a regular poster, but had a scour to see if it had been a
topic...........

Steve Grant has been placed on "Gardening leave"?
Anyone got any thoughts what this is about?
Is it because Aslef didn't get enough "yes" votes in ballot?
As per Standard, The inferrence being Mr Grant still wanted
to go ahead with strike action but the bigger boys at Arkwright
road didn't want to "do an rmt" - fall flat in their faces as RMT
did on NY?
Anyone got any info?

Old February 16th 06, 07:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Rancid Hamster wrote:
I'm not a regular poster, but had a scour to see if it had been a
topic...........

Steve Grant has been placed on "Gardening leave"?
Anyone got any thoughts what this is about?
Is it because Aslef didn't get enough "yes" votes in ballot?
As per Standard, The inferrence being Mr Grant still wanted
to go ahead with strike action but the bigger boys at Arkwright
road didn't want to "do an rmt" - fall flat in their faces as RMT
did on NY?
Anyone got any info?

This is rubbish and typical of the lack of standards **** poor reporting
of anything to do with the tube unions, the strikes have been called off
because senior management have realised that the staff are serious and
have talked to the unions, Steve Grant has asked to be replaced for a
while, IMHO if the RMT had as good a negotiator as Steve we would never
have had the last strikes.
Old February 16th 06, 11:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Rancid Hamster" wrote in message
I'm not a regular poster, but had a scour to see if it had been a
topic...........

Steve Grant has been placed on "Gardening leave"?
Anyone got any thoughts what this is about?
Is it because Aslef didn't get enough "yes" votes in ballot?
As per Standard, The inferrence being Mr Grant still wanted
to go ahead with strike action but the bigger boys at Arkwright
road didn't want to "do an rmt" - fall flat in their faces as RMT
did on NY?
Anyone got any info?

Hi

Have a read of this link.

http://www.aslef.org.uk/C2B/PressOff...?ID=378&Type=2

I was going to mention the Evening Standard but the link sums up my thoughts
on that paper very nicely.

Regards
Clyde

Old February 16th 06, 12:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"CLYDE DEMPSTER" wrote in message
.. .

"Rancid Hamster" wrote in message
I'm not a regular poster, but had a scour to see if it had been a
topic...........

Steve Grant has been placed on "Gardening leave"?
Anyone got any thoughts what this is about?
Is it because Aslef didn't get enough "yes" votes in ballot?
As per Standard, The inferrence being Mr Grant still wanted
to go ahead with strike action but the bigger boys at Arkwright
road didn't want to "do an rmt" - fall flat in their faces as RMT
did on NY?
Anyone got any info?

Hi

Have a read of this link.

http://www.aslef.org.uk/C2B/PressOff...?ID=378&Type=2

I was going to mention the Evening Standard but the link sums up my
thoughts on that paper very nicely.

Regards
Clyde

Thanks Clyde and waspie for your responses, and the link.
All is now in perspective.

Old February 16th 06, 09:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Rancid Hamster wrote:
[...]

I have a collegue who contacted the lack of Standards about a bit run by
them by Dick Murry about a dodgey piece of track that had a wooden
section in it, apparantly it was worn down by the trains wheels, the
photo showed a section of traction current rail!