Old July 24th 03, 05:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CJG CJG is offline

Default Covent Garden

Not that Im saying they should. But what would be the effect of closing
Covent Garden tube station when Leicester Square is so close? Apart from
the obvious massive cost savings? And faster train journeys?
--
CJG

Old July 24th 03, 11:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , CJG
writes
Not that Im saying they should. But what would be the effect of closing
Covent Garden tube station when Leicester Square is so close? Apart
from the obvious massive cost savings? And faster train journeys?

I'd have thought that the number of tourists (and others without a sound
knowledge of London's geography) paying £1.60 to travel between the two
would be more than enough to cover Covent Garden's running costs. :-)
--
Spyke
Address is valid, but messages are treated as junk. The opinions I express do
Old July 25th 03, 10:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Under-used stations (WAS: Covent Garden)

"CJG" wrote in message
Not that Im saying they should. But what would be the effect of closing
Covent Garden tube station when Leicester Square is so close? Apart from
the obvious massive cost savings? And faster train journeys?

What about closing/reducing opening times of Borough or Oval?

Old July 25th 03, 03:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Spyke wrote in message ...
In message , CJG
writes
Not that Im saying they should. But what would be the effect of closing
Covent Garden tube station when Leicester Square is so close? Apart
from the obvious massive cost savings? And faster train journeys?

I'd have thought that the number of tourists (and others without a sound
knowledge of London's geography) paying £1.60 to travel between the two
would be more than enough to cover Covent Garden's running costs. :-)

Probably not enough on its own, but it may explain why there isn't a
*BLOODY BIG SIGN* at LSq pointing out - in as many languages as
practical - just how close by CC is.
Old July 25th 03, 05:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Ed Crowley" wrote in news:3f20f3f9$0$46006$65c69314
@mercury.nildram.net:

What about closing/reducing opening times of Borough or Oval?

Is the Oval underused? I frequently travel on
185, 36 and 436 and a lot of people get on/off at the Oval and I presumed
it was to change to the tube.

Old July 26th 03, 12:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Andrew Black" wrote in message
"Ed Crowley" wrote in

@mercury.nildram.net:

What about closing/reducing opening times of Borough or Oval?

Is the Oval underused? I frequently travel on
185, 36 and 436 and a lot of people get on/off at the Oval and I presumed
it was to change to the tube.

Borough has similarly always seemed quite well used to me. (Plus it's my
local station, so I'd rather it didnt' close...)

Best,
Jnon