Old March 10th 06, 04:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Bus from Waterloo to Clerkenwell?

Hi Ho!

Could I pick your brains a tad. I have to go to St.Johns Lane in
Clerkenwell. I will be arriving at Waterloo East on the train from Kent.

What's the easiest way to get there by public transport?

Thanks for any help proffered.

Cheers..
Les

--
Remove Frontal Lobes to reply direct.

http://armsofmorpheus.blogspot.com/

http://www.xenu.net/

http://www.venganza.org/index.htm

Les Hemmings a.a #2251 SA

Old March 10th 06, 04:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

.... or tube of course..

Old March 10th 06, 04:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Simplest is probably 521 to Holborn Circus/Holborn Viadust then 5
minute walk

Old March 10th 06, 04:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I, along with hundreds of others, make this precise journey every day.

The answer is simple - the 243 bus!

It starts from the new bus bays constructed near the IMAX roundabout
(Waterloo Gardens?) so, although the bus queue is possibly the longest in
London in the morning, it goes down quickly as a double decker takes quite a
few and is empty when it pulls up.

The 243 goes direct to St. Johns Lane - you get off at the stop just after
the Texaco garage on Clerkenwell Road. About 20 minutes journey time in the
peak.

Colin

Old March 10th 06, 04:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Les Hemmings" wrote in message

... or tube of course..

--
Remove Frontal Lobes to reply direct.

http://armsofmorpheus.blogspot.com/

http://www.xenu.net/

http://www.venganza.org/index.htm

Les Hemmings a.a #2251 SA

You would be silly to attempt this - it's two changes to get to Farringdon
by a round-about route. You can get to St. Pauls with one change at
Tottenham Court Road or at Bank, and then a walk, but this is one case where
the bus is definitely the best option.

Old March 10th 06, 05:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 17:19:27 -0000, "Les Hemmings"
wrote:

Could I pick your brains a tad. I have to go to St.Johns Lane in
Clerkenwell. I will be arriving at Waterloo East on the train from Kent.

What's the easiest way to get there by public transport?

If your train also stops at London Bridge, you can change there for a
direct Thameslink train to Farringdon.
Old March 10th 06, 08:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Hi Ho!

Could I pick your brains a tad. I have to go to St.Johns Lane in
Clerkenwell. I will be arriving at Waterloo East on the train from Kent.

What's the easiest way to get there by public transport?

Bus 243 - runs every day 24 hours and goes directly to St John's Lane.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/buses/spiders/...oo-station.pdf shows where
to catch it. You should be able to use the staircase down to Waterloo
Road / Sandell St to get to the stop with relative ease.

If you do not have a Travelcard, Bus Saver or Oyster Pre-Pay then you
will need to pay before you board from the roadside machine - £1.50.

--
Paul C

Old March 11th 06, 07:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Thank you one and all ) I deliver as a white van man around there often,
coming in from Old St. Roundabout, but being deposited at a station on foot
is totally different.

Cheers..

Les

Old March 27th 06, 11:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Les Hemmings wrote:
Hi Ho!

Could I pick your brains a tad. I have to go to St.Johns Lane in
Clerkenwell. I will be arriving at Waterloo East on the train from
Kent.
What's the easiest way to get there by public transport?

Thanks for any help proffered.

Thanks again all... Son followed your tips and arrived at the interview
safely. He even got the job!

)