Old March 22nd 06, 09:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default plz help with my homework! fill out my survey.

Hello,

I am a student of the International Baccalaureate Programme writing a
research paper on driving in London. I would be grateful if you could
answer the questions below.

http://chii.homeunix.net/survey/

best regards
RS

Old March 23rd 06, 12:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
Hello,

I am a student of the International Baccalaureate Programme writing
a research paper on driving in London. I would be grateful if you
could answer the questions below.

http://chii.homeunix.net/survey/

I would like to, but I just get a blank screen, though I can see the
code for the questionnaire form if I do "View Source". (I am using IE
6.0 with Windows XP).

--
Richard J.

Old March 23rd 06, 01:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Greetings.

In article . com,
wrote:
I am a student of the International Baccalaureate Programme writing a
research paper on driving in London. I would be grateful if you could
answer the questions below.

http://chii.homeunix.net/survey/

Many of the questions here presuppose that one owns a car, or that one
drives at all. It might help if you were to list these prerequisites at
the top of the questionnaire so that people don't waste their time.

Regards,
Tristan

--
_
_V.-o Tristan Miller [en,(fr,de,ia)] Space is limited
Old March 23rd 06, 10:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Tristan Miller wrote:
Greetings.

In article . com,
wrote:
I am a student of the International Baccalaureate Programme writing a
research paper on driving in London. I would be grateful if you could
answer the questions below.

http://chii.homeunix.net/survey/

Many of the questions here presuppose that one owns a car, or that one
drives at all. It might help if you were to list these prerequisites at
the top of the questionnaire so that people don't waste their time.

Indeed. I don't live in London and I don't own a car. I would like to
help you out, but I suspect I am not your target population.

Robin
Old March 23rd 06, 11:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"R.C. Payne" typed

Tristan Miller wrote:
Greetings.

In article . com,
wrote:
I am a student of the International Baccalaureate Programme writing a
research paper on driving in London. I would be grateful if you could
answer the questions below.

http://chii.homeunix.net/survey/

Many of the questions here presuppose that one owns a car, or that one
drives at all. It might help if you were to list these prerequisites at
the top of the questionnaire so that people don't waste their time.

Indeed. I don't live in London and I don't own a car. I would like to
help you out, but I suspect I am not your target population.

Robin

I don't drive, don't have a car, do live in London and don't know how to
give a helpful answer to Question 5 "Do you use your car by yourself or
share it with another person?" Yes/No

The questionnaire seems very slanted to me a the author needs to do more
homework about setting questionnaires first...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Old March 23rd 06, 10:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Weaver wrote:
Richard J wrote:
(I am using IE 6.0 with Windows XP).

Which is probably your Problem. Internet Explorer hasn't received an
update for half a decade, use a modern browser.

The problem is actually that the OP's web page has an unterminated
title tag. He "terminates" the title text with /div. IE seems to
regard everything after title as an (invalid) title, and therefore
displays nothing. Firefox shrugs its shoulders and regards the /div
as equivalent to /title, which is more helpful to the end user, but
fails to alert the originator to the structural problem in his code.
--
Richard J.

Old March 24th 06, 08:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Firefox shrugs its shoulders and regards the /div
as equivalent to /title, which is more helpful to the end user, but
fails to alert the originator to the structural problem in his code.

To be honest that's not the job of the browser. A browser should
attempt to work arround broken code (theres a lot out there), or fail
with a warning (code broken), not give a blank page.

The author should use (two clicks with the web-developer extention in
firefox) a validator, which quckly reports "Failed validation, 33
errors".

Old March 27th 06, 10:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Survey is vivible in IE at this moment. I fixed it ad hoc, I'll tune it
up later, probably today at night.

Thanks for help

Old March 27th 06, 09:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tim Tim is offline

"Helen Deborah Vecht" wrote in message
"R.C. Payne" typed

Tristan Miller wrote:
Greetings.

In article . com,
wrote:
[...]

It's a terrible questionnaire, but surely it's obvious from the start
(though not from the original posting) he's soliciting answers from people
who do drive in London, not conduction a survey on attitudes towards driving
in London?

Old April 1st 06, 05:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

As I said somhere else I'll relay every info to author of
this survey. I am only intermediary, only the one who
send link here ;-)
What he will do I don't know, maybe he will change this survey.

Best regards
RS

p.s.
At this moment survey pass w3c validation.