Old July 26th 03, 09:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Borough boundaries

"Paul Cummins" wrote in message
s.com...
In article ,
(Ian Jelf) wrote:

are you of the view that "London" means only The City and
Westminster?

No. London only means the city of London.

Nonsense. Ever heard of the Mayor of London, Transport for London, London
as a post town in addresses, etc. etc. ?

Westminster and Southwark are separate cities in their own
right.

Southwark is not a city. See
http://www.municipalyearbook.co.uk/index.asp?pageid=265

Now if you wish to speak of the London Conurbation, that's fine.

Most people refer to that as London or Greater London.

By the way, why do your posts have an apparently empty file attached called
"Once upon a time there was a badly broken newsreader"?
--
Richard J.

Old July 27th 03, 02:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Cummins wrote:
In article ,
(Richard J.) wrote:

By the way, why do your posts have an apparently empty file attached
called "Once upon a time there was a badly broken newsreader"?

I suggest you ask the manufacturers of your badly broken newsreader
for the answer to that question.

Oh, I see, it's just a smart-arsed and unhelpful way of pointing out a bug
in Outlook Express.

Grow up.

(
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=265230 if anyone else wants the
details.)

--
Richard J.

Old July 27th 03, 07:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Richard J. wrote:
Paul Cummins wrote:

In article ,
(Richard J.) wrote:

By the way, why do your posts have an apparently empty file attached
called "Once upon a time there was a badly broken newsreader"?

I suggest you ask the manufacturers of your badly broken newsreader
for the answer to that question.

Oh, I see, it's just a smart-arsed and unhelpful

Paul Cummins? Smart-arsed? Unhelpful?

Never!

Old July 27th 03, 12:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(James Farrar) wrote:

Paul Cummins? Smart-arsed? Unhelpful?

Thank you, I think :-)

--
Paul Cummins - Always a NetHead
Wasting bandwidth since 1981

begin Once upon a time there was a badly broken newsreader...
Old July 28th 03, 05:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article m, Paul
Cummins writes
No. London only means the city of London. Westminster and Southwark are
separate cities in their own right.

Cummins accuracy strikes again.

--
Clive D.W. Feather, writing for himself | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work:
Old July 29th 03, 01:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 22:32:38 GMT, Paul Cummins
wrote:
In article ,
(Clive D. W. Feather) wrote:

Cummins accuracy strikes again.

This from the man who WAGN nearly prosecuted for ticket fraud!

"nearly" prosecuted ?? That's a bit like being "almost" pregnant
isn't it ?? You're either prosecuted or not prosecuted. Preganant
or not pregnant. No space in between.

--
Mike Pellatt
Old July 29th 03, 04:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article m,
Paul Cummins wrote:
No, he was formally warned that if he continued his actions he would be
prosecuted.

[snip]

I feel that you have distorted the facts of the matter. As I feel
that it is impossible to have a reasoned discussion with you as soon
as Clive's name comes up I'll leave it there.

Mike

--
Good night little fishey-wishes.... I've counted you, so no
sneaky eating each other.