Old May 1st 06, 09:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default 'Weekend Tubes': decision on later start and finish times

On Mon, 01 May 2006 05:22:48 -0500, Tristán White wrote:

steve wrote in
news
SNIP
This shows why you should not answer on behalf of others as you clearly
don't know the facts. Clubbers would loose out due to the later start on
Sunday and will not benefit from a slightly travel closure, people don't
leave clubs at 1am.

You're right. It's nothing to do with clubs, which tend to close at 6 in
the morning (some clubs close around 3 or 4 but these tend to be on the
outskirts of London).

So it'll be a major PITA for clubbers, which is annoying as the last thing
you want to do on a Sunday morning is wait for the tubes to open. So we'll
end up getting ripped off or raped by very dodgy minicabs, or driving
under the influence of drugs and drink.

http://www.uk-cl.co.uk/uk_club_round...east/jaded.htm

Old May 2nd 06, 12:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
On 1 May 2006 12:58:49 -0700, "MIG" wrote:

Paul Corfield wrote:
On Mon, 1 May 2006 12:00:29 +0100, Steve Fitzgerald ]
wrote:

snippitty Don't be surprised if the word "strike"
appears between now and whenever it is implemented.

Indeedy, in fact I've already had one of my drivers asking me when the later
finishing times were agreed with the unions...
--
Cheers, Steve.
Change from jealous to sad to reply.

Old May 2nd 06, 02:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london

steve wrote in newsan.2006.05.01.21.30.25.306486
@ID-00000.user.uni-berlin.de:

http://www.uk-cl.co.uk/uk_club_round...east/jaded.htm

Good point, there's always the afterparties to go to if the tubes are not
yet running. :-)