Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 15th 06, 03:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster overcharging at Hammersmith

Hammersmith is an interchange station where, in order to get to or from
the H&C, you have to exit one station, cross the road, and enter the
other station. Going through the two gates should not result in an
extra charge on an Oyster PAYG card, but someone on a local web forum
reported today:

"Three times in the past ten days I have been double-charged for
journeys involving this change. ... Raising this with the Oystercard
refund department, I was at first told it "could not happen". But when
they investigated my journey record online they were forced to admit it
had indeed happened. I've now had £3 refunded to my card. Ticket
office staff at Northfields have told me I'm not the only "victim".
There have recently been numerous incidences of Oyster overcharging both
at Hammersmith and Kings Cross."

Anyone else suffered from this? It obviously pays to keep a close eye
on your PAYG balance when using these stations.
--
Richard J.