Old June 9th 06, 08:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Shoreditch RIP

Tristán White wrote:

Do we really want to lose even more history?

You appear to be confusing history with theme parks.
--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p9683651.html
(51908 (Class 108) at Helsby, 5 Jun 1985)

Old June 9th 06, 08:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

asdf wrote:

It will no doubt disappoint you to hear the following. I don't know
about the station itself, but according to TfL's ELLX video[1], the
Shoreditch "branch" from the extended ELL, which lies in cutting, will
be filled in. (Presumably this is so they can build offices or
something on it.) This will all but preclude any future use of the
station, or the connection to the GEML.

Not half as much as it would have disappointed to hear that they were
planning to put a thin-walled concrete tunnel over the line and infill
with earth so that they could build above it...
--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p9632805.html
(31 187 at London Liverpool Street, 13 Apr 1980)
Old June 10th 06, 05:53 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

I bet you can't wait to go to West Croyden.

Er, what about Whitechaple, change and straight to Victoria etc.

E.

RIP Wagn Edward Cowling London UK London Transport 49 May 7th 06 11:46 PM
Silverlink south of Stratford soon RIP? Tristán White London Transport 21 March 23rd 06 11:29 PM
RIP 19 RMs Ian Jelf London Transport 10 April 7th 05 07:21 PM
Shoreditch Station Fossil London Transport 3 June 9th 04 02:30 PM
Shoreditch tube Tom Anderson London Transport 8 October 21st 03 04:56 PM