London Banter

-   -   Swing bridge swung (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/4235-swing-bridge-swung.html)

John Rowland June 21st 06 12:34 AM

Swing bridge swung

It took me a few seconds to understand what I was looking at here...

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&ll...02494&t=k&om=1

Tom Anderson June 21st 06 02:56 PM

Swing bridge swung

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006, John Rowland wrote:

It took me a few seconds to understand what I was looking at here...

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&ll...02494&t=k&om=1

Good one! No sign of a boat whose passage might have required the
swinging, though; maybe it was coming in and had moored up by then. I have
no idea how quick it is to swing the bridge.

I thought it might be the navy's latest and even tinier aircraft carrier
for a minute.

tom

--
I content myself with the Speculative part [...], I care not for the
Practick. I seldom bring any thing to use, 'tis not my way. Knowledge