Old June 21st 06, 12:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Swing bridge swung

It took me a few seconds to understand what I was looking at here...

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&ll...02494&t=k&om=1

Old June 21st 06, 02:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006, John Rowland wrote:

It took me a few seconds to understand what I was looking at here...

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&ll...02494&t=k&om=1

Good one! No sign of a boat whose passage might have required the
swinging, though; maybe it was coming in and had moored up by then. I have
no idea how quick it is to swing the bridge.

I thought it might be the navy's latest and even tinier aircraft carrier
for a minute.

tom

--
I content myself with the Speculative part [...], I care not for the
Practick. I seldom bring any thing to use, 'tis not my way. Knowledge