Old July 11th 06, 08:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Hammersmith/Congestion Charge question

Hi,

Apologies if this sounds dumb but I don't know London too well from a
drivers point of view.

I'm about to head out to London for a gig at the Hammersmith Apollo
tonight. I plan to park in a nearby car park. If I head into London
from the M1 and go straight there, will I have to pay the congestion
charge?

Thanks

Dene

Old July 11th 06, 08:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Dene Wilby wrote:

I'm about to head out to London for a gig at the Hammersmith Apollo
tonight. I plan to park in a nearby car park. If I head into London
from the M1 and go straight there, will I have to pay the congestion
charge?

No reasonable route from the M1 to Hammersmith would take you through the
charge area. Look out for signs though.

Old July 11th 06, 09:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2006-07-11 09:36:25 +0100, "John Rowland"
said:

Dene Wilby wrote:

I'm about to head out to London for a gig at the Hammersmith Apollo
tonight. I plan to park in a nearby car park. If I head into London
from the M1 and go straight there, will I have to pay the congestion
charge?

No reasonable route from the M1 to Hammersmith would take you through
the charge area. Look out for signs though.

Thanks mate, very much appreciated. I was gonna get it online and would
have just wasted the cash.

cheers

Dene

Old July 11th 06, 09:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Dene Wilby" wrote in message
Hi,

Apologies if this sounds dumb but I don't know London too well from a
drivers point of view.

I'm about to head out to London for a gig at the Hammersmith Apollo
tonight. I plan to park in a nearby car park. If I head into London from
the M1 and go straight there, will I have to pay the congestion charge?

Thanks

Dene

To be totally comfortable, try
http://www.cclondon.com/infosearch/d...neCheck_W.aspx so you
can see where NOT to go.

MaxB

Old July 11th 06, 11:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Weaver" wrote:
Thanks mate, very much appreciated. I was gonna get it online and

would
have just wasted the cash.

The easiest route to avoid getting lost would be the M1, north
circular, A4, which avoids the CC by a long way.

Indeed, though by far the best route for someone confident enough, or
with a passenger confident enough to navigate with an A-Z, would be off
the North Circular at Neasden, down Neasden Lane, and through Harlesden,
White City and Shepherd's Bush.

--
"For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died."

Old July 11th 06, 11:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Dene Wilby" wrote in message
Hi,

Apologies if this sounds dumb but I don't know London too well from a
drivers point of view.

I'm about to head out to London for a gig at the Hammersmith Apollo
tonight. I plan to park in a nearby car park. If I head into London
from the M1 and go straight there, will I have to pay the congestion
charge?

Define "straight". You can certainly get to Hammersmith from the M1 without
going through Central London, assuming KL hasn't extended the Congestion
Charge
to include the M4 corridor to Wales, yet.

Define "tonight". The CC ends at about 18:30 or 19:00 or so (unless you
plan on staying there until tomorrow morning when it starts again)

Richard [in SG19]

Old July 11th 06, 02:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Richard M Willis wrote:
"Dene Wilby" wrote in message
Hi,

Apologies if this sounds dumb but I don't know London too well from a
drivers point of view.

I'm about to head out to London for a gig at the Hammersmith Apollo
tonight. I plan to park in a nearby car park. If I head into London
from the M1 and go straight there, will I have to pay the congestion
charge?

Define "straight". You can certainly get to Hammersmith from the M1
without going through Central London, assuming KL hasn't extended the
Congestion Charge
to include the M4 corridor to Wales, yet.

Define "tonight". The CC ends at about 18:30 or 19:00 or so (unless
you plan on staying there until tomorrow morning when it starts again)

Define "idiot". Define "useless reply".

Old July 11th 06, 04:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote:

Richard M Willis wrote:
"Dene Wilby" wrote in message
Hi,

Apologies if this sounds dumb but I don't know London too well from
a drivers point of view.

I'm about to head out to London for a gig at the Hammersmith Apollo
tonight. I plan to park in a nearby car park. If I head into London
from the M1 and go straight there, will I have to pay the congestion
charge?

Define "straight". You can certainly get to Hammersmith from the M1
without going through Central London, assuming KL hasn't extended the
Congestion Charge
to include the M4 corridor to Wales, yet.

Define "tonight". The CC ends at about 18:30 or 19:00 or so (unless
you plan on staying there until tomorrow morning when it starts
again)

Define "idiot". Define "useless reply".

My dictionary has:

idiot - noun. mentally deficient person, stupid person, person who
gives useless reply.

useless reply - unhelpful response (as might be given by an odiot.

HTH

--
Bob

Old July 12th 06, 10:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 16:46:16 GMT, "Bob Wood"
wrote:

John Rowland wrote:

Define "idiot". Define "useless reply".

My dictionary has:

idiot - noun. mentally deficient person, stupid person, person who
gives useless reply.

useless reply - unhelpful response (as might be given by an odiot.

Define "odiot".

Charlie
--
Remove NO-SPOO-PLEASE from my email address to reply
Please send no unsolicited email or foodstuffs
Old July 13th 06, 11:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

John Rowland wrote:

Define "idiot". Define "useless reply".

My dictionary has:

idiot - noun. mentally deficient person, stupid person, person who
gives useless reply.

useless reply - unhelpful response (as might be given by an odiot.

Define "odiot".

Touché.

I have fat fingers!

--