Old August 15th 06, 08:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster cards on buses

Ken wrote:

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 09:33:25 +0100, Courtney Cong
wrote:

This is probably a silly oyster-noobie question, but I'm finding the tfl
online advice clear as mud.

I only use oyster on the buses - so what happens when my funds run out?
Firstly, auto-top up doesn't work with buses, and secondly when I
tries to add funds online, it said I would have to activate the added
funds at a Tube or DLR station. Is this right? Can't you add funds online?

Help much appreciated

CC

I can find no reference, but I'm sure someone in this group mentioned
fairly recently that auto topup was to be introduced on buses.

Did I imagine it?

See this answer [1] from TfL's useful "oyster help" Q&A website [2]

-----
Question
When using Auto top-up, when is my Oyster card topped up?

Answer
Once activated, your pay as you go balance will automatically be topped
up whenever it falls below £5 and you touch it on any card reader
(Tube, bus, DLR or tram) but not a ticket machine.
-----

[1] specific answer page
http://tinyurl.com/jpefq

[2] oyster help website front page