Old August 29th 06, 11:40 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit

Default Metro-Land

Terry Harper wrote:
By chance I happened to record this programme, shown on BBC4 last
(Monday) night at 10p.m. This was part of the John Betjemann
celebrations and was a programme featuring him, telling the story of
the Metropolitan Railway and its development of "Metro-Land"

It started with a cab view of a speeded-up run from Baker Street to
Chesham, and had lots of items of railway interest in it. He ended up
at Quainton Road, regretting that he could no longer get to Verney
Junction.

If it is repeated sometime, it is well worth watching.
--
Terry Harper
Website Coordinator, The Omnibus Society

Thoroughly recommended. I have had the VHS tape for at fifteen years.
It is one of my favorites. I believe it is now out on DVD.

Adrian.

Old August 30th 06, 07:59 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit

Solario wrote:
Thoroughly recommended. I have had the VHS tape for at fifteen years.
It is one of my favorites. I believe it is now out on DVD.

It is indeed

In fact, the cheap DVD website I frequent had it as its top seller
recently.
www.moviemail-online.co.uk

I'm not connected with them (honest!), but they're cheap (and don't
charge for postage) !

AE

Old August 30th 06, 09:20 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit

wrote in message
ups.com...
Solario wrote:
Thoroughly recommended. I have had the VHS tape for at fifteen years.
It is one of my favorites. I believe it is now out on DVD.

It is indeed

In fact, the cheap DVD website I frequent had it as its top seller
recently.
www.moviemail-online.co.uk

But not the cheapest.
http://www.play.com is usually cheaper.

However Movie Mail does have all the BFI films and a modest selection of
foreign language films and they send out a monthly flyer. (if you like that
kind of thing)

Note: When registering at MM to buy something, if you check the box to opt
out of email promotions you won't get any email confirmation of your order
or its despatch either. I checked this out and they said they couldn't
separate that option out. Email was all or nothing. Odd that.

Roger