Old November 18th 08, 08:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Q Q is offline

Default Oyster Watch - LER Land

I can confirm Oyster readers are installed (And covered) at BHK and ENF

BHK has 1 or 2 in the booking office, 2 on the up road gate access and 2 on
the down road side access. The new (non oyster) ticket machine has also been
installed on the up road platform.

ENF has 4 (That I've seen) between the 'gates' and the platform - which will
make revenue protection more fun people will need to pass beyond the 'gates'
to swipe in!

I'm also told that SLV has readers installed at the bottom of the steps, and
SBU has at least 2 inside the ticket office.

No sign of TIS+ though in the booking offices and of the people I've spoken
to they know there getting anther machine, but don't know much more than
that.

Old November 18th 08, 09:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message of Tue, 18 Nov 2008
21:43:04 in uk.transport.london, Q writes
I can confirm Oyster readers are installed (And covered) at BHK and ENF

BHK has 1 or 2 in the booking office, 2 on the up road gate access and 2 on
the down road side access. The new (non oyster) ticket machine has also been
installed on the up road platform.

ENF has 4 (That I've seen) between the 'gates' and the platform - which will
make revenue protection more fun people will need to pass beyond the 'gates'
to swipe in!

I'm also told that SLV has readers installed at the bottom of the steps, and
SBU has at least 2 inside the ticket office.

No sign of TIS+ though in the booking offices and of the people I've spoken
to they know there getting anther machine, but don't know much more than
that.

Wonderfully cryptic.
Let me see if http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/en/pj/tt will translate.
BHK Bush Hill Park
ENF Enfield Town
SBU Southbury
SLV Silver Street
TIS Tisbury

As TIS is only accessible from WAT, I infer that is another TLA.

I find it REALLY good that pay as you go is being extended to TOC
stations. I was recently caught out. I bought a travelcard to cover a
journey out to Hatton Cross and back from West Drayton. It makes some
sense of the replacement of an LU gateline (and ticket hall) at
Paddington (Hammersmith & City) with a National Rail gateline.

I look forward to PAYG on WAT to RMD and WIM which should happen soon
given the readers at WAT where I recently saw off-peak chaos as several
RCI staff importuned ill-ticketed customers. The alternative of District
service is seriously less comfortable.

Is the Paddington departure board available online in real time?
On another trip, we had 4 minutes to run from Paddington (Circle and
District) to platform 13 which is gatelessly accessibly from the H&C.
--
Walter Briscoe
Old November 18th 08, 09:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Q" ..@.. wrote in message
I can confirm Oyster readers are installed (And covered) at BHK and ENF

BHK has 1 or 2 in the booking office, 2 on the up road gate access and
2 on the down road side access. The new (non oyster) ticket machine
has also been installed on the up road platform.

ENF has 4 (That I've seen) between the 'gates' and the platform -
which will make revenue protection more fun people will need to pass
beyond the 'gates' to swipe in!

I'm also told that SLV has readers installed at the bottom of the
steps, and SBU has at least 2 inside the ticket office.

No sign of TIS+ though in the booking offices and of the people I've
spoken to they know there getting anther machine, but don't know much
more than that.

Also now installed at New Barnet, Oakleigh Park and New Southgate on the
FCC lines.

Peter Smyth

Old November 18th 08, 10:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Q Q is offline

"Walter Briscoe" wrote in message

Wonderfully cryptic.
Let me see if http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/en/pj/tt will translate.
BHK Bush Hill Park
ENF Enfield Town
SBU Southbury
SLV Silver Street
TIS Tisbury

As TIS is only accessible from WAT, I infer that is another TLA.

Yes sorry - force of habbit.. TIS+ is the new ticketing system NR stations
will be using for Oyster it will suppliment Tribute.

I find it REALLY good that pay as you go is being extended to TOC
stations. I was recently caught out. I bought a travelcard to cover a
journey out to Hatton Cross and back from West Drayton. It makes some
sense of the replacement of an LU gateline (and ticket hall) at Paddington
(Hammersmith & City) with a National Rail gateline.

That gateline give me nothing but problems (Gold Card)

I look forward to PAYG on WAT to RMD and WIM which should happen soon
given the readers at WAT where I recently saw off-peak chaos as several
RCI staff importuned ill-ticketed customers. The alternative of District
service is seriously less comfortable.

Yes they do things like that from time to time. Its even better when they
either close or use the underground access for the same thing people
everywhere!

It will be funny when the new gates are all in and on as they will have to
pass any Z1 ticket. People will figure out they can still avoid paying a
full ticket (presuming the requirment to check tickets en-route is dropped,
or at least severley cut back)

Is the Paddington departure board available online in real time?
On another trip, we had 4 minutes to run from Paddington (Circle and
District) to platform 13 which is gatelessly accessibly from the H&C.

Yes, via the nationalrail website, WAP site or train tracker, although I
don't think any of them give a platform indication.

Old November 18th 08, 10:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 18 Nov, 23:05, "Q" ..@.. wrote:
Yes, via the nationalrail website, WAP site or train tracker, although I
don't think any of them give a platform indication.

The website does for some stations, including Paddington, and it isn't
embargoed until the train is ready like the physical departure boards
are.

Old November 19th 08, 12:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Peter Smyth wrote:

Also now installed at New Barnet, Oakleigh Park and New Southgate on the
FCC lines.

And you can add Palmers Green to that list as well. Work is progressing
apace on the ex-WAGN network, it seems.

As for Ticket Office machines, I would *guess* that they'll replace the
existing Tribute machines with FasTIS+, as it makes very little sense to
pay out for two independent Ticket Issuing Systems, when FasTIS can do
the lot.

Having said that, FasTIS does lack the ability to recall Ticket on
Departure bookings and to produce "custom" through tickets[1] IIRC.

Cheers,

Barry

[1] e.g. PlusBus through fares, and other such fares that exist but
aren't shown as through tickets in RJIS.
Old November 19th 08, 08:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Q Q is offline

"Barry Salter" wrote in message

As for Ticket Office machines, I would *guess* that they'll replace the
existing Tribute machines with FasTIS+, as it makes very little sense to
pay out for two independent Ticket Issuing Systems, when FasTIS can do the
lot.

The last thing I was told in passing was that on this side TIS+ would work
along side Tribute, but as you say it makes little sense to pay out for 2
systems.

The plan was to issue the paper ticket as usual via Tribute then transfer
that paper ticket to the TIS+ and load it onto the Oyster, then non issue
the ticket on Tribute so all the accounts add up at the end of the day!

Fun!

Old November 19th 08, 09:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Peter Smyth wrote:

Also now installed at New Barnet, Oakleigh Park and New Southgate on the
FCC lines.

And you can add Palmers Green to that list as well. Work is progressing
apace on the ex-WAGN network, it seems.

As for Ticket Office machines, I would *guess* that they'll replace the
existing Tribute machines with FasTIS+, as it makes very little sense to
pay out for two independent Ticket Issuing Systems, when FasTIS can do the
lot.

Having said that, FasTIS does lack the ability to recall Ticket on
Departure bookings and to produce "custom" through tickets[1] IIRC.

Cheers,

Barry

[1] e.g. PlusBus through fares, and other such fares that exist but aren't
shown as through tickets in RJIS.

In what sense can FasTIS "do the lot" if it cannot issue two growing (if
still small) segments of the ticketing market as you identify?

I do not know these stations well enough - are there self service ticket
machines available that are now (and will continue to be) capable of issuing
ToD bookings? If so this is less of a problem but, ToD will become more
important as internet sales increase. There are occasions when even if there
is a self service ticket machine it does not work, so then you have to go to
the ticket office (if open) to collect your ToD booking. However, having
booked tickets on behalf of a relative who lives in Manchester and advised
them to collect them from the nearest station to their work (Victoria) we
then discovered that Northern do not support ToD at all. Instead my relative
had to trudge across the city to Piccadilly to make use of the VT facilities
instead - not very customer friendly.

As someone who uses the ToD system in preference to my local ticket office
in Cornwall, which is often closed due to staff shortage / sickness, it
would be short sighted and regrettable if the facility is withdrawn where it
has previously been available (i.e. in this case on the former WAGN
network). Any change that seeks to reduce this move forward into the modern
retailing age will not help passengers, or the railways (although it may
save FCC cash in the short term).

Old November 19th 08, 09:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 19 Nov, 10:13, "J Lynch" wrote:
I do not know these stations well enough - are there self service ticket
machines available that are now (and will continue to be) capable of issuing
ToD bookings?

Some do, some only have older machines that don't. The latter (and
possibly the former) are being replaced by newer Oyster-capable
machines that do have ToD, so Oyster actually means more stations
getting ToD, especially as I think the online booking sites only
advertise ToD from stations with self-service machines.

(Add Harringay to the list, btw)

Old November 19th 08, 10:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Q wrote:

It will be funny when the new gates are all in and on as they will
have to pass any Z1 ticket. People will figure out they can still
avoid paying a full ticket (presuming the requirment to check tickets
en-route is dropped, or at least severley cut back)

They are going to pass London Terminals tickets anyway, never mind zone 1,
so you can get to Charing Cross, according to the latest SWT magazine
article...

Paul S

Hertfordshire gives TfL useless land to pay for Croxley link Nick Leverton London Transport 0 November 8th 15 12:55 AM
Rare track/routings in SE-land today Rupert Candy London Transport 3 November 17th 08 12:06 AM
Metro-Land Adrian Auer-Hudson, MIMIS London Transport 3 August 31st 06 04:38 PM
Metro-Land Solario London Transport 2 August 30th 06 09:20 AM
LCR's Stratford City land wanted for Olympics Mizter T London Transport 34 November 18th 05 11:33 AM