Old September 16th 06, 06:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Tube trains in Shoreditch

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jono01/...sswherelondon/

Old September 16th 06, 07:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 19:42:43 +0100, "John Rowland"
wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jono01/...sswherelondon/

Good - they actually made it. That took up far too much of our time at
work.
--
Paul C

Old September 17th 06, 09:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jono01/...sswherelondon/

Good - they actually made it. That took up far too much of our time at
work.

But look at the graffiti on them. John's link shows them on September
10. This link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jailuss...7594097090734/

shows them being hoisted up, on August 20, graffiti free.

Obviously the people running the project were too stupid to put any
security up there with them.
Old September 17th 06, 10:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Peter Frimberley wrote:

Obviously the people running the project were too stupid to put any
security up there with them.

What is it about tube trains that attracts graffiti, even when they are no
longer functioning as trains and have become sculptures? Why don't the
graffitijits attack other sculptures and monuments?

Old September 18th 06, 07:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
John Rowland wrote:
Peter Frimberley wrote:

Obviously the people running the project were too stupid to put any
security up there with them.

What is it about tube trains that attracts graffiti, even when they are no
longer functioning as trains and have become sculptures? Why don't the
graffitijits attack other sculptures and monuments?

How do you know that's not part of the art installation ?

Nick

Old September 18th 06, 11:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Peter Frimberley" wrote in message

- It's not an "art installation"

What makes art? I'd actually say it is functional art!

- Can't imagine LUL giving away tube stock knowing they would be
grafittied (possibly encouraging further grafitti on working stock)

I very much doubt the fact they have been vandalised already is their new
owners fault.

- Can't imagine the local council and residents approving planning
permission for a grafitti mess.

Well, LB Hackney (not the residents!) granted permission for the "Erection
of four tube train carriages on top of viaduct including two carriages on
top of a single storey purpose built enclosed timber box structure, all on
top of timber decking to provide affordable open plan (B1) Office workspaces
for small creative industries, together with installation of access stairs
from Great Eastern Street and Holywell Lane and external stairs linking the
decking at viaduct level with carriages at upper level".

The fact that it has already been subjected to vandalism is hardly the
direct fault of the new owners. It's a sad state that even with protection
things still get vandalised. I'd direct any criticism at the vandals, not
those who are actively looking to improve things, rather than being critical
from behind a computer keyboard.

Old September 18th 06, 12:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 12:19:14 +0100, "Neil Watson"
wrote:

"Peter Frimberley" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Of course the basic blame goes to the actual vandals. But the project
organisers should have had the sense to budget for some security
guards.