Old September 23rd 06, 09:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Thames Festival - Charing Cross to London Bridge closed

"asdf" wrote in message
On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 17:25:05 GMT, AstraVanMan wrote:

I can't see what you're moaning about though - surely you could have just
changed at London Bridge for Blackfriars and got you just as close as
Charing Cross would have done?

Charing Cross trains were being diverted to Cannon Street. Cannon
Street Tube station was kept open all weekend, and tickets to London
Terminals were being accepted on the Tube between Cannon Street and
Embankment. For a one-off leisure journey, the inconvenience seems
minor to say the least. Compared to what people usually have to put up
with when their desired route is closed for engineering works, it
barely seems worth a mention.

Having the service to your local station reduced to hourly is, I
admit, far more of an inconvenience.

Having read all the comments on my original posting, I will just say I
sincerely hope none of you are in charge of arranging engineering works!
This was a stupidly timed closure and none of the Network Rail apologists
for it have convinced me otherwise.

MaxB

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0638-1, 22/09/2006
Tested on: 23/09/2006 22:57:09

Old September 23rd 06, 11:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 22:57:01 +0100, "MaxB"
wrote:

"asdf" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

It's impossible for them toarrange a closure that affects nobody.

The people it affects will always think it is stupidly timed.

--
James Farrar
. @gmail.com
Old September 25th 06, 08:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

James Farrar wrote:
On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 22:57:01 +0100, "MaxB"
wrote:

"asdf" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

And given some of the appallingly timed engineering works that have
taken place over the years, I don't really understand the reason for
picking out this one. It would have been badly timed if closures
prevented people from reaching the Thames Festival, but this particular
closure hardly affected access to the Festival at all.