Old September 20th 06, 07:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster question - national rail

In message om,
" writes
Having gone through the T.F.L. telephone rigmarore to speak to a
customer assistant, only to discover that I was No. 26 in the queue, I
thought I'd get a reply much quicker here!

Oooh. Have they introduced waiting list numbers (or whatever the correct
term is)? I'm glad! I don't know why more organisations don't do this
[1] - generally the number of people waiting in the queue is available
to the operators regardless.

e.g. although if the trade descriptions act could be applied Orange
would get sued. "We're receiving an unusually high volume of calls at
the moment..." How can you receive an unusually high volume of calls
*all* the time?!

--
Paul G
Typing from Barking

Old September 20th 06, 09:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Neil Williams" wrote
Going outwards, you don't need to concern yourself with that. Ask for
a ticket from Boundary Zone 2 to your destination. It should be issued
with that, and not a specific station, as the origin.

In this particular instance, that is probably correct. But note that (as
discussed on uk.r previously) in some situations it is (or was) possible to
get a ticket from station in Zone x to destination which costs less than
the equivalent ticket from Boundary Zone x to destination.