Old August 2nd 03, 01:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Trafalgar Square

Stopped for a look round it yesterday, for the first time since the
roadworks have been finished. It's a bit good, isn't it? Actually feels like
a proper world square now, instead of a road junction that happens to have a
guy stood on a pole in the middle of it. An Irish friend of mine said
something similar, and mentioned that when he'd first been there five years
ago he'd been disappointed at how uncivilized it was.

Just thought I'd break things up a bit by saying something nice about this
place...

Best,
Jonn

Old August 2nd 03, 01:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Jonn Elledge wrote:
Stopped for a look round it yesterday, for the first time
since the roadworks have been finished. It's a bit good,
isn't it? Actually feels like a proper world square now,
instead of a road junction that happens to have a guy stood
on a pole in the middle of it. An Irish friend of mine said
something similar, and mentioned that when he'd first been
there five years ago he'd been disappointed at how
uncivilized it was.

Just thought I'd break things up a bit by saying something
nice about this place...

Best,
Jonn

Careful, you might start a trend. :-)

Old August 2nd 03, 02:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Cast_Iron wrote:
Jonn Elledge wrote:
Stopped for a look round it yesterday, for the first time
since the roadworks have been finished. It's a bit good,
isn't it? Actually feels like a proper world square now,
instead of a road junction that happens to have a guy stood
on a pole in the middle of it. An Irish friend of mine said
something similar, and mentioned that when he'd first been
there five years ago he'd been disappointed at how
uncivilized it was.

Just thought I'd break things up a bit by saying something
nice about this place...

Best,
Jonn

Careful, you might start a trend. :-)

Nah, must be a troll ;-)

--

Phil ,,,^.".^,,,

---

Old August 2nd 03, 10:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Jonn Elledge" wrote in message

Just thought I'd break things up a bit by saying
something nice about this place...

When I was there, I looked for the standard measures, and I don't think they
are the same as the old ones, are they?

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old August 3rd 03, 12:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote:
"Jonn Elledge" wrote in message

Just thought I'd break things up a bit by saying
something nice about this place...

When I was there, I looked for the standard measures, and I don't
think they are the same as the old ones, are they?

They've been moved to the north-east corner of the square, but I wasn't
aware that they were not the same as the old ones. What's different about
them?

--
Richard J.

Old August 3rd 03, 01:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Richard J.
wrote:
John Rowland wrote:
"Jonn Elledge" wrote in message

Just thought I'd break things up a bit by saying
something nice about this place...

When I was there, I looked for the standard measures, and I don't
think they are the same as the old ones, are they?

They've been moved to the north-east corner of the square, but I
wasn't aware that they were not the same as the old ones. What's
different about them?

They've made 'em shorter to save space :-)

Old August 3rd 03, 03:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Jonn Elledge" wrote in message
Stopped for a look round it yesterday, for the first time since the
roadworks have been finished. It's a bit good, isn't it? Actually feels

like
a proper world square now, instead of a road junction that happens to have

guy stood on a pole in the middle of it. An Irish friend of mine said
something similar, and mentioned that when he'd first been there five

years
ago he'd been disappointed at how uncivilized it was.

Just thought I'd break things up a bit by saying something nice about this
place...

I was there the other day and thought the same! Nice, 'innit!

Old August 3rd 03, 07:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Richard J." wrote in message
John Rowland wrote:

When I was there, I looked for the standard measures,
and I don't think they are the same as the old ones, are they?

They've been moved to the north-east corner of the square,
but I wasn't aware that they were not the same as the old ones.
What's different about them?

I didn't see *them*. I was referring to the new measures set into the steps.
They are just numbers - only by examining them closely would anyone realise
they are measures.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old August 3rd 03, 10:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 16:22:06 +0100 Jack Taylor wrote:
}
} "Jonn Elledge" wrote in message
} ...
} Stopped for a look round it yesterday, for the first time since the
} roadworks have been finished. It's a bit good, isn't it? Actually feels
} like
} a proper world square now, instead of a road junction that happens to have
} a
} guy stood on a pole in the middle of it. An Irish friend of mine said
} something similar, and mentioned that when he'd first been there five
} years
} ago he'd been disappointed at how uncivilized it was.
}
} Just thought I'd break things up a bit by saying something nice about this
} place...
}
} I was there the other day and thought the same! Nice, 'innit!

Walked through it this afternoon with guests from out of town and we
were much impressed.

Matthew
--
Il est important d'être un homme ou une femme en colère; le jour où nous
quitte la colère, ou le désir, c'est cuit. - Barbara

http://www.calmeilles.co.uk/