Old October 14th 06, 04:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster travelcard recharge

On 14 Oct 2006 00:23:57 GMT, Michael R N Dolbear wrote:

But that assumes (wrongly, in my case) that I will only top-up when
making a Tube journey. The ONLY time I need Pay as you Go is for
travelling on a bus. One can't top up on a bus, so how other than at a
Tube station am I supposed to top up?

At an Oyster Ticket Stop (newsagent). These exist all over the London
bus area. Locations can be found at:

http://www.tfl-ticketlocator.co.uk/

As you say, there's also auto-top-up.

For completeness, you can also top up at certain National Rail
stations. There's a list at:

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_...ystercard.html