Old October 1st 06, 07:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Fig Fig is offline

Default Gold Card scheme

An earlier post pointed to the tfl t&cs which mentioned, in para 6.6.3,
"You must present the Gold Record Card when you wish to buy a
concessionary fare ticket under the terms of the Gold Card scheme."

What is this "Gold Card scheme" and where can I find information on
"concessionary fare tickets" or any other benefits of owning a Gold Card?

TIA
--
Fig.

Old October 1st 06, 08:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In newsp.tgrcqberm4iaeb@dell,
Fig typed:

https://www.trainsfares.co.uk/season...d_benefits.asp

--
Bob

Old October 1st 06, 10:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Bob Wood
writes
In newsp.tgrcqberm4iaeb@dell,
Fig typed:
An earlier post pointed to the tfl t&cs which mentioned, in para
6.6.3, "You must present the Gold Record Card when you wish to buy a
concessionary fare ticket under the terms of the Gold Card scheme."

What is this "Gold Card scheme" and where can I find information on
"concessionary fare tickets" or any other benefits of owning a Gold
Card?
TIA

https://www.trainsfares.co.uk/season...d_benefits.asp

I think its an annual season ticket !
--
martyn dawe
Old October 2nd 06, 07:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Fig wrote:
An earlier post pointed to the tfl t&cs which mentioned, in para 6.6.3,
"You must present the Gold Record Card when you wish to buy a
concessionary fare ticket under the terms of the Gold Card scheme."

What is this "Gold Card scheme" and where can I find information on
"concessionary fare tickets" or any other benefits of owning a Gold Card?

TIA
--
Fig.

If you have an Annual Season Ticket for a route in the Network Card
area, you automatically get a Gold Card. This offers more or less the
same benefits as a Network Card with fewer restrictions. For example,
the £10 minimum fare does not apply, you can upgrade to first class at
weekends for £1.50 etc.

Old October 2nd 06, 08:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Fig Fig is offline

On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 21:10:30 +0100, Bob Wood
wrote:

In newsp.tgrcqberm4iaeb@dell,
Fig typed:
An earlier post pointed to the tfl t&cs which mentioned, in para
6.6.3, "You must present the Gold Record Card when you wish to buy a
concessionary fare ticket under the terms of the Gold Card scheme."

What is this "Gold Card scheme" and where can I find information on
"concessionary fare tickets" or any other benefits of owning a Gold
Card?
TIA

https://www.trainsfares.co.uk/season...d_benefits.asp

I found that one too, using Google. Doesn't really tell me much though.

--
Fig

Old October 2nd 06, 08:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Fig Fig is offline

On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 23:41:33 +0100, martyn dawe
wrote:

In message , Bob Wood
writes
In newsp.tgrcqberm4iaeb@dell,
Fig typed:
An earlier post pointed to the tfl t&cs which mentioned, in para
6.6.3, "You must present the Gold Record Card when you wish to buy a
concessionary fare ticket under the terms of the Gold Card scheme."

What is this "Gold Card scheme" and where can I find information on
"concessionary fare tickets" or any other benefits of owning a Gold
Card?
TIA

https://www.trainsfares.co.uk/season...d_benefits.asp

I think its an annual season ticket !

It appears to come with an annual season ticket! But that still doesn't
tell me what the 'benefits' are.

--
Fig
Old October 2nd 06, 08:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Fig Fig is offline

On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 08:34:12 +0100, ONscotland
wrote:

Fig wrote:
An earlier post pointed to the tfl t&cs which mentioned, in para 6.6.3,
"You must present the Gold Record Card when you wish to buy a
concessionary fare ticket under the terms of the Gold Card scheme."

What is this "Gold Card scheme" and where can I find information on
"concessionary fare tickets" or any other benefits of owning a Gold
Card?

If you have an Annual Season Ticket for a route in the Network Card
area, you automatically get a Gold Card. This offers more or less the
same benefits as a Network Card with fewer restrictions. For example,
the £10 minimum fare does not apply, you can upgrade to first class at
weekends for £1.50 etc.

Ah! So it would appear that, by purchasing an annual travel card, one
automatically qualifies for the benefits of owning a 'Network RailCard'
[ http://www.railcard.co.uk/ ]
This appears to be some kind of scheme for getting discounted rail travel
in SE England and would normally cost £20 per year.
Am I correct?

--
Fig
Old October 2nd 06, 09:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In newsp.tgscrncum4iaeb@dell,
Fig typed:

On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 23:41:33 +0100, martyn dawe
wrote:

In message , Bob Wood
writes
In newsp.tgrcqberm4iaeb@dell,
Fig typed:
An earlier post pointed to the tfl t&cs which mentioned, in para
6.6.3, "You must present the Gold Record Card when you wish to buy
a concessionary fare ticket under the terms of the Gold Card
scheme." What is this "Gold Card scheme" and where can I find
information on
"concessionary fare tickets" or any other benefits of owning a Gold
Card?
TIA

https://www.trainsfares.co.uk/season...d_benefits.asp

I think its an annual season ticket !

It appears to come with an annual season ticket! But that still
doesn't tell me what the 'benefits' are.

The benefits are listed at the URL which I gave and which appears above.
What else would you expect from a page that is headed "Gold Card Leisure
Beneifts"?

--
Bob

Old October 2nd 06, 09:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In newsp.tgscorqkm4iaeb@dell,
Fig typed:
wrote:

In newsp.tgrcqberm4iaeb@dell,
Fig typed:
An earlier post pointed to the tfl t&cs which mentioned, in para
6.6.3, "You must present the Gold Record Card when you wish to buy a
concessionary fare ticket under the terms of the Gold Card scheme."

What is this "Gold Card scheme" and where can I find information on
"concessionary fare tickets" or any other benefits of owning a Gold
Card?
TIA

https://www.trainsfares.co.uk/season...d_benefits.asp

I found that one too, using Google. Doesn't really tell me much
though.

There is no more to tell you. The benefits are listed there.

--
Bob

Old October 2nd 06, 10:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Fig Fig is offline

wrote:

In newsp.tgrcqberm4iaeb@dell,
Fig typed:
An earlier post pointed to the tfl t&cs which mentioned, in para
6.6.3, "You must present the Gold Record Card when you wish to buy a
concessionary fare ticket under the terms of the Gold Card scheme."

What is this "Gold Card scheme" and where can I find information on
"concessionary fare tickets" or any other benefits of owning a Gold
Card?
TIA

https://www.trainsfares.co.uk/season...d_benefits.asp

I found that one too, using Google. Doesn't really tell me much
though.

There is no more to tell you. The benefits are listed there.

With respect, that page is a usability nightmare.
I don't have time to cover it's many faults, nor is this the place to do
it. Suffice to say, when I encounter such a disastrous piece of web
publishing, I am inclined to lend very little weight to the credibility of
it's content.

--
Fig