Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 10th 06, 12:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default "44% of pedestrians use the Tube map to navigate around London"

BBC News "Bid to make London walk-friendly"

"More than 44% of pedestrians use the Tube map to navigate around
London, according to a study by TfL [...]

Not surprising really, but I'm sure the ng could easily list a hundred
stupities should one navigate by this method, even if we ignore the old
chestnut that is Leicester Square to Covent Garden!

Theydon Bois and Epping as close as Farringdon and the Barbican...

voice of utl reader Hold on, comparing central and outer stations
isn't really on.
/voice of utl reader

OK, how about these then.

Liverpool Street to Moorgate a mission?
Borough to London Bridge a sole destroying venture?
Oxford Circus to Warren Street enough to send shank's pony to the
knackers yard?
The Shepherd's got his fingers in two faraway bushes?
voice of utl reader Groan /voice of utl reader

Anyway I back Red/Magenta/Mauve Ken 100% when he says:
"Walking in the capital can be a rewarding experience - you can find
hidden architectural gems and interesting shops and galleries". He
missed out pubs though.