Old August 7th 03, 06:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Airport chaos - It won't change

OK Dave,

We'll assume he meant an hour on the train plus the rest but as written,
compared a one hour journey against that of a 24 hour bus trip

But as I've already pointed out public transport to Stansted requires first
getting to central London and may not be viable for a flight which takes off
early in the morning . A problem with the train and the whole thing could
end in tears. I'm going to have to write off a day anyway so why not do it
by starting from somewhere I know I can get to easily, at least I'll be on
the bus and on my way and fairly certain to arrive with my luggage.

I'm only expressing my view ie I'm ready to give a chance to what might be a
comfortable alternative, we do still have that option I hope.

Jeff

"Dave" wrote in message
Jeff Mowatt writes
Sorry, but how can you think that an hour on the train is not viable
against the alternative of spending 24 hours on a *bus*. Geeze
you must really like buses

You've lost me! An hour on what train? Perhaps you meant plane which a
few posts ago was estimated at around 5 hours to Vienna assuming no
delays.

I think he meant an hour on the train to the airport.

In an earlier post, you appeared to be suggesting that a 24-hour coach
journey was an easier option that travelling to Stansted and a 5-hour
flight. Your options for travelling to Stansted were coach or taxi - he
reminded you that there's a fast train.

--
Dave