Old October 17th 06, 10:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster Card Users - info on incomplete journeys

Robin Mayes wrote:
For stations are currently being "trialed"

"Mizter T" wrote in message
ups.com...
Tim Roll-Pickering wrote:

wrote:

A bit of advance warning for those who haven't heard - from November,
if you use pre-pay Oyster, and you fail to touch in or out at any point
of your travels where you're supposed to do so, you will find yourself
being charged £4.00 for the incomplete journey.

All the signs up say this came in on October 10th.

I also saw one of these posters today - I took particular note of it
given the previous discussions here on utl had suggested this change
wasn't coming until November. I'll try and take a snap of one of the
posters tomorrow and post a link here.

Hmm. It's taken me the best part of five minutes to make sense of this
post. After scrolling back a few messages, and back down again, I've
finally tumbled to the fact that some chuff-wit has top posted and left
the previous message completely intact.

For the benefit of all chuff-wits everywhe trim the message to which
you're replying; then start your reply underneath it. Otherwise it just
looks like you're repeating someone else's post.

Oh, and I don't usually get too worked up about spelling, but "for"??
"For"? What ITNOF am I supposed to be derive from that??
--
Joyce Whitchurch, Stalybridge, UK
=================================
Old October 17th 06, 11:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Joyce Whitchurch wrote:

Robin Mayes wrote:
For stations are currently being "trialed"

"Mizter T" wrote in message
ups.com...
Tim Roll-Pickering wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Wel sed Joyse. Top-postin iz well confuzin. Dat man Mayes managed 2
mangle my post gud 'n' propa.

http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/gey_stv0.htmz

--
Mizter T
=================================

Old October 17th 06, 11:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Mizter T wrote:

http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/gey_stv0.htmz

? ?? "Error 404 occurred"?

Oh, hang on a mo' - you mean
http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/gey_stv0.htm. Gotcha!
Old October 18th 06, 09:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

A bit of advance warning for those who haven't heard - from November,
if you use pre-pay Oyster, and you fail to touch in or out at any point
of your travels where you're supposed to do so, you will find yourself
being charged £4.00 for the incomplete journey.
All the signs up say this came in on October 10th.

I also saw one of these posters today - I took particular note of it
given the previous discussions here on utl had suggested this change
wasn't coming until November. I'll try and take a snap of one of the
posters tomorrow and post a link here.

Hmm. It's taken me the best part of five minutes to make sense of this
post. After scrolling back a few messages, and back down again, I've
finally tumbled to the fact that some chuff-wit has top posted and left
the previous message completely intact.

Sorry Joyce and MizterT for confusing you with my previous post!

What it should have said was:

"Four stations are currently being trialed regarding the £4.00 charge for
failing to touch in / out"

Old October 18th 06, 09:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

What it should have said was:

"Four stations are currently being trialed regarding the £4.00 charge for
failing to touch in / out"

I forgive you!

Now for the obvious question - do you have a list of those four
stations? Presumably if a person starts their journey (and touches in)
or ends their journey (and touches out) at one of these four trial
stations but has failed to touch-in/out at the other end then the £4
charge applies.

I saw the poster at Surrey Quays on the East London Line the other day.

Old October 18th 06, 11:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Mizter T" wrote in message
oups.com...
Robin Mayes wrote:

"Four stations are currently being trialed regarding the £4.00 charge for
failing to touch in / out"

Now for the obvious question - do you have a list of those four
stations?

I saw the poster at Surrey Quays on the East London Line the other day.

Aldgate is another of the four, don't have the list handy I'm afraid.

Old October 19th 06, 12:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Mizter T" wrote in message
oups.com...

Now for the obvious question - do you have a list of those four
stations? Presumably if a person starts their journey (and touches in)
or ends their journey (and touches out) at one of these four trial
stations but has failed to touch-in/out at the other end then the £4
charge applies.

I saw the poster at Surrey Quays on the East London Line the other day.

According to Paul C in another part of this thread:

Aldgate, West Ham, New Cross, Stepney Green, Upney are the LUL trial
stations.

Westferry and Tower Gateway are the DLR trial stations.

Old October 19th 06, 12:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Robin Mayes wrote:

"Mizter T" wrote in message
oups.com...

Now for the obvious question - do you have a list of those four
stations? Presumably if a person starts their journey (and touches in)
or ends their journey (and touches out) at one of these four trial
stations but has failed to touch-in/out at the other end then the £4
charge applies.

I saw the poster at Surrey Quays on the East London Line the other day.

According to Paul C in another part of this thread:

Aldgate, West Ham, New Cross, Stepney Green, Upney are the LUL trial
stations.

Westferry and Tower Gateway are the DLR trial stations.

Thanks for your reply - unfortunately I saw Paul C's post with the
required info just after I asked you! Such is life on usenet.

I presume that when you touch-in at these stations using PAYG £4 is
debited, which is adjusted when you later touch-out so only the correct
fare is taken.

Likewise if you touch-out at one of these stations having failed to
touch-in elsewhere then I presume £4 is taken there and then.

Going from what Paul has said elsewhere it doesn't sound like either of
these things happen if a Travelcard (with correct zonal validity) is
loaded on the Oyster. However this does thus leave open a hole in the
system where a passenger with Travelcard can enter/exit the system at a
gated station within their Travelcard's zonal validity but can then
leave the system at an ungated station where they will suffer no
penalty if they fail to touch-out.