Old October 23rd 06, 10:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Cross-River Transit questions

Earl Purple wrote:
Tom Anderson wrote:

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006, Earl Purple wrote:

Tom Anderson wrote:

Have they got a convincing explanation of how they're going to do this
without getting fouled up in traffic?
Push all the traffic off the A4200?

Yes, i imagine so. Where will it go?

Depends on where they are going. A400 (Gower Street / Tottenham Court
Road) or A5200 (Grays Inn Road) are the obvious alternatives except for
local access. I don't know what will happen exactly with Russell
Square.

Ah, of course. And there was me thinking that Bernard Street, Judd Street,
Midland Road and Euston Road were roads too. How foolish of me!

Midland Road isn't a through road anymore. Hasn't been for a long time.
And if you take out Bernard Street / Guildford Street then traffic from
Russell Square will have nowhere to go / no point of access if they are
going to cross the tram route. (I guess you could close off Russell
Square at its entry and use Bedford Place for access. Of course traffic
would be allowed to turn right out of Bedford Place into the closed off
section).

And why does it follow the A23?

Seems to make sense that if you want to put a route from Waterloo to
Brixton and there's a numbered A road that covers both points that you
might use it.

Since when have A road numbers had any relevance to public transport routes?

(Oh, and it doesn't actually follow the A23 - CRT is routed via Stockwell.)

--
Dave Arquati