London Banter

-   -   Saturday Parking in Kingston Upon Thames (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/4657-saturday-parking-kingston-upon-thames.html)

Kenny November 6th 06 01:57 PM

Saturday Parking in Kingston Upon Thames

In message . 170,
Adrian writes
Kenny ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying
:

It's the 11 hour shopping marathon I'm having trouble with- I tend to
get fed up to the back teeth after 3 or 4 hours wandering around shops.

You last that long?

I'm quite surprised that nobody's yet suggested that the OP's other half
gets the bus/train/whatever to the shops in the morning, then the OP
collects her by car (assuming she has too large a haul to make PT feasible)
at the end of the day.

Hey, I'm a new man... LOL! I prefer when the other half goes out by
herself, and I go pick her up later, but then when I go along, she tends
to spend less. Swings and roundabouts... ;-)
--
Kenny

David Cantrell November 10th 06 10:01 AM

Saturday Parking in Kingston Upon Thames

On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 04:21:32AM -0800, wrote:

Who said anything about "schlepping their shopping around for 11"
hours? Presumably, they keep going back to the car and storing it in
the boot whenever it gets too much to carry. Then off to buy some more.
That *is* the normal way of shopping. How else are you going to buy two
or three times the amount you can carry in one day?

No, the *normal* way of shopping is to do the minimum possible, and to
do as much of that as possible online. Frankly, anyone wanting to spend
11 hours trudging around shops is insane.

--
David Cantrell | Enforcer, South London Linguistic Massive

When one has bathed in Christ there is no need to bathe a second time
-- St. Jerome, on why washing is a vile pagan practice
in a letter to Heliodorus, 373 or 374 AD