Old November 13th 06, 04:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
d d is offline

Default Why can't you get a one day travelcard on Oyster?

"Michael Hoffman" wrote in message
This *must* have been discussed here before, but I've done some searching
on Google Groups and can't find the answer. Why doesn't TfL sell a one day
travelcard on Oyster, to be used by those who need to travel on National
Rail? It seems any of the arguments involving poor Oyster facilities on NR
would also apply to period travelcards. The only thing I can think of is
that it might confuse customers who can't figure out the difference with
capping.
--
Michael Hoffman

Doesn't the price capping give you that anyway? Or does the national rail
bit screw it up?

dave

Old November 13th 06, 04:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

d wrote:
"Michael Hoffman" wrote in message
This *must* have been discussed here before, but I've done some searching
on Google Groups and can't find the answer. Why doesn't TfL sell a one day
travelcard on Oyster, to be used by those who need to travel on National
Rail? It seems any of the arguments involving poor Oyster facilities on NR
would also apply to period travelcards. The only thing I can think of is
that it might confuse customers who can't figure out the difference with
capping.
--
Michael Hoffman

Doesn't the price capping give you that anyway? Or does the national rail
bit screw it up?

Yes, it screws it up. Effectively the one-day travelcard should be like
using Oyster with a longer period travelcard except that the time
period is the same as would be covered by a paper ticket.