London Banter

-   -   Vandalism at North Acton (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/4692-vandalism-north-acton.html)

[email protected] November 18th 06 11:01 AM

Vandalism at North Acton

Hi,

Peter Frimberley wrote:

No idea if it still happens as I no longer live there, I presume they
have either fortified the line or buried the cables better, or maybe
it is no longer economic to melt down copper cabling.

I've seen several articles about copper being stolen lately. It seems
that it stopped getting nicked partly because the market price of
copper fell for several years, but lately has increased by quite a
margin (I think I saw figures saying 300-400%). This has caused a
resurgence of this type of theft - anywhere with easily accessible
copper cables - because it is basically now economically viable again.

Regards,

Luke