Old November 16th 06, 09:47 PM
Junior Member

Default tfl customer service assistants

post removed because of childish answers.

Last edited by gruppe8 : November 17th 06 at 10:19 AM Reason: spelling errors

Old November 17th 06, 07:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

gruppe8 wrote:
snip
i received a letter from tfl with a list of items i need to bring with
me,

snip whingeing

Did they include a shift key on the list?
Old November 17th 06, 08:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Kev Kev is offline

aroojequ wrote:

gruppe8 wrote:
snip
i received a letter from tfl with a list of items i need to bring with
me,

snip whingeing

Did they include a shift key on the list?

Yes, I was going to suggest learning the difference between i and I.
The rest of it was pretty good. Not like the usual moronic crap you get
on message boards.

Kevin

Old November 17th 06, 08:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london

gruppe8 wrote:
references so is there any reason why they expect all applicants to
turn up with a copiuos amount of idea and passport photos when you may
not get any work,

So they can take the photos to their panel of experts later and examine
your expressions in detail. If they decide you don't look miserable,
bad
tempered or stupid enough you won't get the job.

B2003

Old November 17th 06, 10:30 AM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltar
gruppe8 wrote:
references so is there any reason why they expect all applicants to
turn up with a copiuos amount of idea and passport photos when you may
not get any work,

So they can take the photos to their panel of experts later and examine
your expressions in detail. If they decide you don't look miserable,
bad
tempered or stupid enough you won't get the job.

B2003

how long have you worked for them....????

Old November 17th 06, 10:32 AM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroojequ
gruppe8 wrote:
snip
i received a letter from tfl with a list of items i need to bring with
me,

snip whingeing

Did they include a shift key on the list?

Are you bored or just lacking a life, if this is your contribution you should get out more.
Old November 17th 06, 02:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

gruppe8 wrote:
how long have you worked for them....????

I see you're a perfect candidate , you'll get the job no problem.

B2003

Old November 17th 06, 08:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

When I applied I had a phone interview in March, and had to wait til
June for my assessment/interview.

You should set aside the day, because they do everything in one go,
obviously cutting out the people who they aren't going to consider as
the day progresses.

We started off having a basic assessment of the 3 R's, copying and
correcting some text, then basic maths in the form of calculating best
fares etc, and then an overall assessment of knowledge.

Those that weren't sent home then had to do a roleplay (mine was "its
your first day working in a restaurant, and a customer is complaining
loudly. Your boss tells you they do it regularly to get a free meal,
and then leaves the restaurant, asking you to deal with it." Which was
fun...

Again, people go home, and those left have an interview, and the final
decision is made.

Out of 30 odd people, 5 passed through (2 of whom I was blessed with
training with, which is nice). You then have to pass a medical (which
is easy...), a drugs and alchohol test, and references, and you're in.
I actually started the job in November, so the whole process took 10
months or so from applying in January.

Good luck with it. Its really not that difficult, the people who
failed were really quite daft, and couldn't add £2.40 to £1.40 and
tell you how much change to give from a fiver! (which is the kind of
questions you'll get).