London Banter

-   -   PAYG at City Thameslink (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/4761-payg-city-thameslink.html)

David Cantrell December 6th 06 04:29 PM

PAYG at City Thameslink

I noticed this morning that there are Oyster readers at City Thameslink,
along with signs urging people to fondle them as they go past.

Why? If you have a season ticket on your Oyster then you can travel
legitimately but don't need to touch in/out. But if you only have PAYG
then I didn't think it was valid on Thameslink. It certainly isn't
according to a poster on the platform at Blackfriars.

Googling for "Swedish lizard overlord" gives
this sig as the first result.

WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU, EH? EH?

Paul Terry December 7th 06 04:44 AM

PAYG at City Thameslink

In message , David
Cantrell writes

I noticed this morning that there are Oyster readers at City Thameslink,
along with signs urging people to fondle them as they go past.

Why? If you have a season ticket on your Oyster then you can travel
legitimately but don't need to touch in/out. But if you only have PAYG
then I didn't think it was valid on Thameslink.

PAYG is valid between Kentish Town and Elephant/London Bridge/Moorgate
(including Blackfriars):

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/fares-tick...YG-Diagram.pdf

--
Paul Terry

Jonathan Morris December 7th 06 02:59 PM

PAYG at City Thameslink

David Cantrell wrote:
signs urging people to fondle them as they go past.

That's a sign I'd love to see!

Jonathan

Dave Arquati December 7th 06 09:18 PM

PAYG at City Thameslink

Jonathan Morris wrote:
David Cantrell wrote:
signs urging people to fondle them as they go past.

That's a sign I'd love to see!

"Always fondle in and fondle out when using the Underground."

--
Dave Arquati

Nick Leverton December 7th 06 09:40 PM

PAYG at City Thameslink

In article ,
Dave Arquati wrote:
Jonathan Morris wrote:
David Cantrell wrote:
signs urging people to fondle them as they go past.

That's a sign I'd love to see!

"Always fondle in and fondle out when using the Underground."

"While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.alwaysfondleout.com/
The following error was encountered:
Unable to determine IP address from host name for www.alwaysfondleout.com"

Dave you're missing a trick ...

Nick

Dave Arquati December 10th 06 04:22 PM

PAYG at City Thameslink

Nick Leverton wrote:
In article ,
Dave Arquati wrote:
Jonathan Morris wrote:
David Cantrell wrote:
signs urging people to fondle them as they go past.
That's a sign I'd love to see!

"Always fondle in and fondle out when using the Underground."

"While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.alwaysfondleout.com/
The following error was encountered:
Unable to determine IP address from host name for www.alwaysfondleout.com"

Dave you're missing a trick ...

Nick

I'll wait for someone to give that to me for Christmas.

--
Dave Arquati