Old December 18th 06, 11:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default HELP: Which is cheaper

My Season ticket runs out tonight. I'm paid weekly at the moment as I'm
doing contract work.

This year I am working TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY, FRIDAY,

and TWO DAYS just before New Year's Eve.

I'm out of the country at all other times.

I leave before 9:00 so it's peak-time travel.

Should I:

* Use prepay for the four remaining days this week, then get a weekly (or
monthly if I can afford it) on 28 December?

* Get the monthly now

* Get a weekly now, meaning that I am paying for 3 days I don't use

Thanks!!

Old December 18th 06, 11:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Tristán White" typed

My Season ticket runs out tonight. I'm paid weekly at the moment as I'm
doing contract work.

This year I am working TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY, FRIDAY,

and TWO DAYS just before New Year's Eve.

I'm out of the country at all other times.

I leave before 9:00 so it's peak-time travel.

Should I:

* Use prepay for the four remaining days this week, then get a weekly (or
monthly if I can afford it) on 28 December?

* Get the monthly now

* Get a weekly now, meaning that I am paying for 3 days I don't use

Thanks!!

I don't know what zones you travel in or if you use buses.

Gut instinct is to use Prepay this week (weekly usually tickets break
even at the 5 day mark) and try to get a monthly before the New Year
price hike.

Remember PrePay tube fares are less after 7pm.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old December 18th 06, 11:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote in
:

"Tristán White" typed

My Season ticket runs out tonight. I'm paid weekly at the moment as
I'm doing contract work.

This year I am working TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY, FRIDAY,

and TWO DAYS just before New Year's Eve.

I'm out of the country at all other times.

I leave before 9:00 so it's peak-time travel.

Should I:

* Use prepay for the four remaining days this week, then get a
weekly (or monthly if I can afford it) on 28 December?

* Get the monthly now

* Get a weekly now, meaning that I am paying for 3 days I don't use

Thanks!!

I don't know what zones you travel in or if you use buses.

Gut instinct is to use Prepay this week (weekly usually tickets break
even at the 5 day mark) and try to get a monthly before the New Year
price hike.

Remember PrePay tube fares are less after 7pm.

Oh - zones 1-3

Every day I do two bus journeys and two tube journeys.

The first two bus journeys are before 9 a.m.
Old December 19th 06, 05:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Tristán White wrote:
My Season ticket runs out tonight. I'm paid weekly at the moment as I'm
doing contract work.

This year I am working TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY, FRIDAY,

Tuesday's a bank holiday, off peak all day, assuming your required
service is running

Buy a monthly on the wednesday 27th, which will last until and
including the 26th of Jan, which is a Friday, you'll get 23 peak days
use out of it (19 if you only work a 4 day week). , which is the
maximum you can get. You'll then have to buy another monthly on the
29th Jan, which lasts until Wed 28th Feb, another 23 dayer. Buying on
the 30th or 31st of Jan is a waste, I think they'll only last until the
28th Feb anyway. Then you can buy on the 1st March, and miss the
expensive month that Feb is.

If you hold off until buying on the Friday (29th), you'll get free
travel on the weekend of the 27/28th Jan, and the cost of definite peal
travel. If you hold off until the 1st Jan, you'll pay a higher price.

If you aren't working on Friday 26th Jan, buy on the 26th Dec, which
will save you one day's offpeak travel.

Seems that the 27th Jan is a perfect time to buy a monthly ticket. YMMV
E&OE.

Old December 19th 06, 05:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Weaver" typed

Tristán White wrote:
My Season ticket runs out tonight. I'm paid weekly at the moment as I'm
doing contract work.

This year I am working TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY, FRIDAY,

Tuesday's a bank holiday, off peak all day, assuming your required
service is running

I strongly suspect the OP meant 'this week' when he wrote 'this year'...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Old December 19th 06, 10:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Tristán White wrote:
My Season ticket runs out tonight. I'm paid weekly at the moment as
I'm doing contract work.

This year I am working TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY, FRIDAY,

Tuesday's a bank holiday, off peak all day, assuming your required
service is running

I strongly suspect the OP meant 'this week' when he wrote 'this
year'...

Hehe I did :-)

Used prepay today and will do for tomorrow, Thursday and Friday, then get a
monthly on 28th (not using it on 27th)