Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 4th 07, 08:25 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport,uk.transport.london

Default Is Edinburgh on the Tube?

"Mizter T" wrote in message
oups.com...
Ian Jelf wrote:

(snip amusing anecdotes)

People (UK again) getting *very* annoyed that the Eye wasn't next to the
Dome and wanting to know "why not" in an often quire aggressive manner.

I haven't heard much about the Dome from the public except in terms of
Londoners complaining about the cost as they do with everything. That could
change next year when it reopens as the O2 (daft name IMHO) and people want
to go there for shows etc.

I think you'd be hard pressed to
find an Eye pod (geddit) with Londoners in the majority these days...

Last year the bosses ran some inhouse competitions with prizes for things
like best-selling retail staff and best team customer service etc. The list
of prizes included free meals in restaurants, shopping vouchers and 'Eye
Pods', which had a few of us wondering where we would put a 2 ton round
glasshouse and how we would get it off the wheel to our places.
Then the penny dropped and we realised they meant those music devices for
annoying fellow passengers on our commutes! Ah, how we laughed....

Nick