Old September 7th 15, 10:57 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Borders Railway (Edinburgh - Tweedbank) opening Sun 6 Sep 2015

In message , at 11:04:42 on Mon, 7 Sep
2015, August West remarked:

A few months ago, I seriously considered buying a house on the edge of
Galashiels, on the strength of the arrival of the line.

My daughter is looking for a flat to rent in London for the next
academic year. She *was* using the night-tube as one indicator of
suitable places to live. But that's turning rapidly to dust.

So it looks like it's back to Z2 north of Euston Rd, and/or night buses.

Old September 7th 15, 04:17 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 07/09/2015 11:57, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 11:04:42 on Mon, 7 Sep
2015, August West remarked:

A few months ago, I seriously considered buying a house on the edge of
Galashiels, on the strength of the arrival of the line.

My daughter is looking for a flat to rent in London for the next
academic year. She *was* using the night-tube as one indicator of
suitable places to live. But that's turning rapidly to dust.

It'll happen. Eventually.

Was/is only Fri & Sat night though - I think some people got the idea in
their head that it'd be across the week.

So it looks like it's back to Z2 north of Euston Rd, and/or night buses.

Night buses in London are very popular and quite frequent (in some cases
very frequent).
Old September 7th 15, 04:40 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In message , at 17:17:42 on Mon, 7 Sep 2015,
Mizter T remarked:
My daughter is looking for a flat to rent in London for the next
academic year. She *was* using the night-tube as one indicator of
suitable places to live. But that's turning rapidly to dust.

It'll happen. Eventually.

But before the end of September - probably not.

Was/is only Fri & Sat night though - I think some people got the idea
in their head that it'd be across the week.

Given the fuss about introducing it, count me amongst those people.

Are the unions *really* making all this fuss about a 2-day-a-week thing?
Old September 7th 15, 05:16 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In message , Roland Perry
writes
Are the unions *really* making all this fuss about a 2-day-a-week thing?

Yep and in effect an extra maybe 4 hours a night for 2 nights over
current hours
--
Bryan Morris
Public Key http://www.pgp.uk.demon.net - 0xCC6237E9
Old September 7th 15, 05:56 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 07/09/2015 17:17, Mizter T wrote:

Night buses in London are very popular and quite frequent (in some cases
very frequent).

In some cases.

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK
Old September 7th 15, 06:13 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 07/09/15 11:57, Roland Perry wrote:
My daughter is looking for a flat to rent in London for the next
academic year. She *was* using the night-tube as one indicator of
suitable places to live.

If the Night Tube happens and turns out to be useful, won't it bump up
rents in the places it serves? Wouldn't it be a better indication of
where not to look?

Ian