Old January 5th 07, 11:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Annoying CC form

As resident of the soon to expand tax zone, I have in my hot little
hands 2 copies of the congestion doc - one from TFL sent to The
Occupier, one from the council on behalf of TFL since the data prot
act seemingly prevents the council telling TFL who has parking
permits. Of course if the DPA did allow it, a simple xml transfer from
council to TFL would be more efficient but who am I to deny Capita the
delight of multiple entry?

Let's fill it in. Section 3 Proof You Live in the Zone. They want A4
copy of 2 proofs, both should show the name & address. However one of
the acceptable proofs is a copy of the parking permit, which has
neither name or address on it. Obviously it's proof the car is
accepted by the council but TFL's text doesn't line up.

On a separate explain sheet they say they want 2 A4 copies of these
proofs. The form itself asks for one. Gurr. Bet the more restrictive
of any limitation applies.

Section 4 Pay Us 10 Quid. Not if the form is in before 19 Jan but that
is on the billboards and one page of the accompanying booklet, not on
the form or its explanatory sheets. I call them (7649 9122 to avoid
premium rate call from my mobile): sure, leave it blank or write Not
Applicable. Hope they remember since the form screams in bold "a GBP10
payment is needed in order for your discount registration to be
completed". I hate such conflicts.

Finally 5 Declaration. Wade through the text where Ken can take a
first born if any mistakes are made and you acknowledge some heavies
can come and visit to confirm, sign and date. You have 6 boxes to fill
in the date using specified format "DD MM YYYY". That needs 10 boxes
if you respect spaces, 8 if not, 6 if you omit leading zeroes or the
century. Best fill it in before the night of the 9th, folks. No
Fortran programmers were used in the design of this form.

No evidence of any ISO or Plain English stamp of review. Turgid texts,
long paragraphs and we're paying for this.

--
Old anti-spam address cmylod at despammed dot com appears broke
So back to cmylod at bigfoot dot com

Old January 5th 07, 08:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 12:35:31 +0000, Colum Mylod
wrote:

bla bla moan moan

The sum total of your whinge seems to be that they didn't do a
separate form for pre Jan 19 registrations or mention it on there?
Maybe the discount was decided after the form went to print?

The rest of your whinge just seemed to be waffle for the sake of
trying to be funny, or something.
Old January 5th 07, 09:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 21:02:08 +0000, Peter Frimberley
wrote:

The rest of your whinge just seemed to be waffle for the sake of
trying to be funny, or something.

Your whingy posting doesn't add much, does it? I cite a turgid
official gov form hard to fill in properly, with costs for getting it
wrong, and you're sniping at me? It's on topic for this ng, the TFL
form is in stark contrast to the clarity of my local council's ones.
What's your problem in sticking to the topic instead of personal
sniping then?