London Banter

-   -   Evening Standard tonight? (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/4894-evening-standard-tonight.html)

January 18th 07 09:10 AM

Evening Standard tonight?

Ian F. January 18th 07 12:18 PM

Evening Standard tonight?

wrote in message

For those without the time or inclination to guess what this is about, or
who prefer not to click on links, it's a story about the RMT planning a
vote by members on a tube strike.

Ian

Jack Taylor January 18th 07 12:22 PM

Evening Standard tonight?

Ian F. wrote:
wrote in message

For those without the time or inclination to guess what this is
about, or who prefer not to click on links, it's a story about the
RMT planning a vote by members on a tube strike.

Thanks Ian! When people post links without summarising them I generally
ignore them. Now that I know the content, I shall still ignore it - as I
read about it on Ceefax earlier. ;-)

Richard J. January 18th 07 01:40 PM

Evening Standard tonight?

Ian F. wrote:
wrote in message

For those without the time or inclination to guess what this is
about, or who prefer not to click on links, it's a story about the
RMT planning a vote by members on a tube strike.

And now that we know, why would we want to read about again in the
Standard tonight? The voting doesn't end until mid-February by the way.
--
Richard J.

Michael Hoffman January 18th 07 02:22 PM

Evening Standard tonight?

Ian F. wrote:
wrote in message

For those without the time or inclination to guess what this is about, or
who prefer not to click on links, it's a story about the RMT planning a
vote by members on a tube strike.

Thanks for this summary; I wouldn't have read the story otherwise.
--
Michael Hoffman

January 18th 07 10:19 PM

Evening Standard tonight?

"Michael Hoffman" wrote in message
Ian F. wrote:
wrote in message

For those without the time or inclination to guess what this is about, or
who prefer not to click on links, it's a story about the RMT planning a
vote by members on a tube strike.

Thanks for this summary; I wouldn't have read the story otherwise.
--
Michael Hoffman

Ok heres another link NOT for you read because your far too busy

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/press-cent....asp?prID=1048

Richard J. January 19th 07 12:38 AM

Evening Standard tonight?

Ian F. wrote:
wrote in message

For those without the time or inclination to guess what this is
about, or who prefer not to click on links, it's a story about the
RMT planning a vote by members on a tube strike.

Thanks for this summary; I wouldn't have read the story otherwise.
--
Michael Hoffman

Ok heres another link NOT for you read because your far too busy

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/press-cent....asp?prID=1048

.... which is on a completely different subject! (Disruption due to the
weather.)
--
Richard J.

Colin Rosenstiel January 19th 07 02:03 AM

Evening Standard tonight?

In article , wowfabgroovy@googlemail
com (Ian F.) wrote:

wrote in message

For those without the time or inclination to guess what this is
about, or who prefer not to click on links, it's a story about the
RMT planning a vote by members on a tube strike.

And, by the time I saw the story on my four-hour train journey from
King's Cross to Cambridge, the front page had changed somewhat.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

January 19th 07 09:27 AM

Evening Standard tonight?

"Richard J." wrote in message
.uk...
Ian F. wrote:
wrote in message

For those without the time or inclination to guess what this is
about, or who prefer not to click on links, it's a story about the RMT
planning a vote by members on a tube strike.

Thanks for this summary; I wouldn't have read the story otherwise.
--
Michael Hoffman

Ok heres another link NOT for you read because your far too busy

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/press-cent....asp?prID=1048

... which is on a completely different subject! (Disruption due to the
weather.)
--
Richard J.

Oh so you did actually click on the link this time?