Old January 19th 07, 09:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default North Weald

Looking at North Weald on http://www.abandonedstations.org.uk/ I didnt
realise how rural the station was, I always thought Chesham and Amersham
were the most rural but seeing the pictures it was clearly not the case.

Old January 19th 07, 10:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Looking at North Weald on
http://www.abandonedstations.org.uk/ I didnt
realise how rural the station was, I always thought Chesham and Amersham
were the most rural but seeing the pictures it was clearly not the case.

You can also see on that site that the next station on that line, Blake
Hall, was the least used station ever served by London Underground - Six
passengers a day. But that station was closed in 1981.

--
Olof Lagerkvist
ICQ: 724451

Old January 19th 07, 11:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

You can also see on that site that the next station on that line, Blake
Hall, was the least used station ever served by London Underground - Six
passengers a day. But that station was closed in 1981.

Wow! It was like a personal station for those six ;-)

Old January 19th 07, 11:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"alex_t" wrote in message
ups.com...

You can also see on that site that the next station on that line, Blake
Hall, was the least used station ever served by London Underground - Six
passengers a day. But that station was closed in 1981.

Wow! It was like a personal station for those six ;-)

Even stranger, it was six completely different passengers each day.

BTN

Old January 19th 07, 11:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Olof Lagerkvist

Looking at North Weald on http://www.abandonedstations.org.uk/ I
didnt realise how rural the station was, I always thought Chesham and
Amersham were the most rural but seeing the pictures it was clearly
not the case.

You can also see on that site that the next station on that line, Blake
Hall, was the least used station ever served by London Underground -
Six passengers a day. But that station was closed in 1981.

Was it staffed?
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk

Old January 19th 07, 12:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Ian Jelf" wrote in message

Looking at North Weald on http://www.abandonedstations.org.uk/ I didnt
realise how rural the station was, I always thought Chesham and Amersham
were the most rural but seeing the pictures it was clearly not the case.

You can also see on that site that the next station on that line, Blake
Hall, was the least used station ever served by London Underground - Six
passengers a day. But that station was closed in 1981.

Was it staffed?

It had a team of seven staff IIRC.

BTN

Old January 19th 07, 01:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Even stranger, it was six completely different passengers each day.

High rate of suicides? :-)

Old January 19th 07, 03:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Sir Benjamin Nunn" wrote in message
"alex_t" wrote in message
ups.com...

You can also see on that site that the next station on that line, Blake
Hall, was the least used station ever served by London Underground - Six
passengers a day. But that station was closed in 1981.

Wow! It was like a personal station for those six ;-)

Even stranger, it was six completely different passengers each day.

Stranger still, they all had identical anoraks and thermos flasks.

Old January 19th 07, 08:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Sir Benjamin Nunn wrote:
"Ian Jelf" wrote in message

Looking at North Weald on http://www.abandonedstations.org.uk/ I didnt
realise how rural the station was, I always thought Chesham and Amersham
were the most rural but seeing the pictures it was clearly not the case.

You can also see on that site that the next station on that line, Blake
Hall, was the least used station ever served by London Underground - Six
passengers a day. But that station was closed in 1981.

Was it staffed?

It had a team of seven staff IIRC.

I never saw more than one member of staff at a time - but sometimes he
was asleep by the coal fire in the booking office. I used to go there
from Ongar on Saturdays for piano lessons (wearing my anorak, of
course, and carrying an ENORMOUS thermos flask) - I was probably the
only passenger all day. Being a young 'trainspotter' I was delighted
to discover the occupier of the station house had laid a short
miniature railway in the garden, over the wall from the platform. He
was building a steam loco in his 'shed' under the arch of the road
bridge, I don't know if he ever finished it.

Old January 20th 07, 07:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Looking at North Weald on
http://www.abandonedstations.org.uk/ I didnt
realise how rural the station was, I always thought Chesham and Amersham
were the most rural but seeing the pictures it was clearly not the case.

How is Chesham rural? It's just a few hundred metres from the town centre.

And Amersham doesn't feel very rural either - both towns are within easy
walking distance even if there are those lovely woods next to the line.