Old February 5th 07, 02:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Metroline Y198 NLK

Can anyone here help?!

I'm trying to label a photograph of a Metroline VPL I took the other
day. It looks very much like the fleetnumber reads VPL 190 but the
registration (Y198 NLK) doesn't match with that.

What is the fleet number? (I can't find a fleet list anywhere at the
moment and web searches reveal nothing, top my surprise!)

Thanks in advance.
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk

Old February 5th 07, 03:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Ian Jelf" wrote in message
Can anyone here help?!

I'm trying to label a photograph of a Metroline VPL I took the other day.
It looks very much like the fleetnumber reads VPL 190 but the registration
(Y198 NLK) doesn't match with that.

What is the fleet number? (I can't find a fleet list anywhere at the
moment and web searches reveal nothing, top my surprise!)

It is such a similar number, are you sure it isn't VPL 198?

Old February 5th 07, 03:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Albert
writes
"Ian Jelf" wrote in message
Can anyone here help?!

I'm trying to label a photograph of a Metroline VPL I took the other day.
It looks very much like the fleetnumber reads VPL 190 but the registration
(Y198 NLK) doesn't match with that.

What is the fleet number? (I can't find a fleet list anywhere at the
moment and web searches reveal nothing, top my surprise!)

It is such a similar number, are you sure it isn't VPL 198?

Metroline:
VPL190 AC Y198 NLK New: Apr-01 Volvo B7TL 001408 Plaxton

By the time this registration was issued, DVLA weren't issuing normally
any number ending in 0, so many vehicles received the closest available.
Old February 5th 07, 04:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Steve Fitzgerald
] writes
In message , Albert
writes
"Ian Jelf" wrote in message
Can anyone here help?!

I'm trying to label a photograph of a Metroline VPL I took the other day.
It looks very much like the fleetnumber reads VPL 190 but the registration
(Y198 NLK) doesn't match with that.

What is the fleet number? (I can't find a fleet list anywhere at the
moment and web searches reveal nothing, top my surprise!)

It is such a similar number, are you sure it isn't VPL 198?

Metroline:
VPL190 AC Y198 NLK New: Apr-01 Volvo B7TL 001408 Plaxton

By the time this registration was issued, DVLA weren't issuing normally
any number ending in 0, so many vehicles received the closest
available.

Thanks both for your help. I've now checked with the LOTS Fleetbook
and found that it is indeed VPL 190. The reason for my confusion was a
website

http://glens-buses.fotopic.net/p36551256.html

which gave VPL 190's registration number as Y191NLK (which seems to be
VPL 191).

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply and help, though. Much
appreciated.